Chapter 38

"There's a reason you sent them all ahead." Kiyotaka spoke up.

"I don't care for airing a person's dirty laundry..." Suzune mumbled.

"Well yeah, it's dirty." I added making her sigh.

"I feel like I should tell you two about Kushida's past." She informed us and I grinned brightly.

"You didn't seem to recognise her." I added. "I should have come to you first."

I ran back to class wanting to hear of Kushida's past already and I picked up my umbrella then they both got here. "Kushida and I attended the same middle school." Suzune explained.

"I know. Come on, give me the vomit smell." I demanded.

"Stop with the fruit obsession." She sighed.

"Give then." I groaned.

"The school was well attended, and we were never in the same class, so it took me some time to remember her." Suzune admitted. "One day, as our middle school graduation drew near, an incident occurred that tore one of the classes apart. And the rumour spread that the one who started it all was a single female student."

"...that's it? So that's the past she wants hidden? Who the hell cares?" I said confused. That was so disappointing, Suzune knows nothing. "That's so boring, but what if it was revealed..."

"Don't!" Suzune exclaimed. "And people will just think it's all lies since how could a single person destroy an entire class?" Suzune mumbled.

"You really don't know how bad people can get." I grinned scaring her a little. "Those kinds of people always hate that they have that incident attached to them...why did they do it to begin with then? It's stupid, they should take advantage of it."

"I can think of a few ways. Listen, Horikita...do you know what the strongest weapon in this world is?" Kiyotaka asked.

"I'm not sure. Violence, I suppose." She mumbled. "Nobody can stop violence from occurring in front of their eyes."

"Doesn't work on me! Secrets, that is the answer." I grinned. "Even though that doesn't work on me, either!"

"You have to at least have one secret." Suzune retorted.

"Open book for the right offers." I explained.

Suzune looked tempted but shook her head. "Kushida sees me as an obstacle, even though I have no idea what even happened..." Suzune sighed.

"I'm sure she doesn't believe that's true." Kiyotaka added. "Direct action might be preferable over trying to convince her."

"Much easier." I nodded as I walked out of the classroom with Kiyotaka.

"Get Kushida expelled, you mean?" Suzune asked us as she followed.

"Threaten her." I suggested with a smile surprising her. "Keep her in her place and use her when needed. You got yourself a weapon then if you can't, cut her off."

"A strong offense is frequently the most effective defence." Kiyotaka warned her to act soon.

"You two are the ones who admonished me for considering cutting Sudo loose." Suzune retorted.