-Chapter 1-

It was almost midnight when I arrived at Cross Academy. When the car came to a complete stop, I opened the door immediately and stepped out. When I got my luggage out and closed the door, the taxi car drove off, leaving me alone in the darkness of the night.

I sighed and turned my gaze to the academy that was still in the distance. I grabbed my luggage and started walking up the steps.

 'Why so many stairs?!' I thought to myself and became a bit irritated, seeing that I still had more stairs to climb.
____________________

When I finally reached the gate, I let out a sigh of relief. I set my luggage down and relaxed for a second after all that walking. After a catching my breath, I grabbed my luggage and began to walk again, trying to locate the headmaster's office. 

After a while, I became lost so I started to get irritated and came to a stop to keep my self from getting even more lost.
I looked around to check the buildings around me to see if anything seemed to stand out until I felt a presence behind me.

"Excuse me, who are you and what are you doing out here? It's past curfew!" I heard a girl's stern voice come from behind. I whipped around to see a girl my height wearing a black uniform. She had brown-reddish eyes and short brown hair. She stared at me with a wary and had her hand close to her thigh as if she was ready to grab something.

I began to panic slightly and blurted out, "I'm sorry! I-I'm new here and I was looking for the Headmaster's office and I got lost..." I said quickly in a quiet tone.

 She glanced down and noticed my luggage, knowing I was telling the truth.

She then showed a nervous smile.
"S-Sorry I didn't notice right away! Headmaster did say we were getting a new student. My name is Yuki Cross! I'll take you to his office!" she said in a cheerful tone as she pointed to the building behind me and began to lead the way. 

As we walked to the Headmaster's office, we chatted. She told me simple rules for the Day Class and Night Class and how she's the adopted daughter of Headmaster Cross and that she's a member of the Disciplinary Committee. We arrived at the Headmaster's office and Yuki gave a light knock. 

"Come in~!" a cheerful voice came from the other side of the door.

 Yuki opened the large door and stepped in, I followed close behind her. 

"Ah! Yuki! How's my darling daughter doing this evening?" He said smiling brightly at Yuki. Yuki sighed and pulled me into view for him to notice. "Um, I brought the new student, Headmaster." She said firmly, ignoring her father's question. 

"Ah, that's right! Thank you, Yuki! But call me father!" He pouted. I couldn't help but let out a giggle. He doesn't seem like a scary man, that's a relief.

He cleared his throat and sat down in his office chair, giving me a welcoming smile.
"So. You're Ms. Mizono, correct?"

 "Yes, that's me. Pleasure to finally meet you." I replied as I averted my gaze from his.

 After talking and filling out paperwork, the Headmaster put the folder in his desk drawer and Yuki waited patiently for us to finish. Headmaster got up and walked the closest and pulled out a uniform similar to Yuki's, but white.

 "N-Night Class?!" I heard Yuki say in surprise. "Then that means you're a...!" 

"That's right, Yuki. She's a vampire. That's why she'll be in the Night Class." Headmaster said in a serious tone as he walked up to me and handed the folded uniform to me. I glanced up at him and noticed he seemed slightly familiar.
'This man... isn't he..?' My thoughts were interrupted when he then asked Yuki to walk me to my class, which is currently in session. I was hoping I could rest for the night since I'm not used to staying up very late. After all... I was raised by humans. 

I started to feel uncomfortable knowing I'm now going to be in a room full of them, The fact I was raised by humans half my life. I walked out and went to a changing room. After I change into my uniform, Yuki eagerly walks me to my class. After heading out of the building, we start to head to a larger building. Once we stepped inside the dark, moonlit hallway, I could feel their presence getting closer with every step. That's when I started to feel nervous... being in a class full of vampires...

 'What if they don't like me..? What if they say something about that...?'

"Don't worry, Emi. You'll fit right in!" She looked back at me and smiled, noticing how tense I looked.

"Don't be nervous. They're nice people. Especially the Dorm President! He's a kind vampire..." Yuki blushed at her last sentence. I smiled in relief and followed close behind her. I hope we can become friends...

 I looked out the large windows beside us until we came to a stop. Yuki turned to me and pointed at the large brown oak door. "Your class is in there. I have to go back on patrol but if you need anything come find me, okay?" She showed a kind smile and ran back to where we came from.

 I watched her leave until she disappeared into the darkness. I turned back around and slowly walked towards the door, tension creeping its way back into me.

My shaky hand grasped the handle and turned it, slowly opening the large door as it made a creaky noise.

This caught everyone's attention and all eyes fell on me.

 The teacher immediately stopped talking and looked over to me, wondering who dared to interrupt his class.
"Ah, You must be the new student," he said bluntly.

 I slowly stepped in as the door closed behind me with a bang that made me jump slightly. The room was dimmed with candle lights and the soft moonlight. 

"This is Emi Mizono. Please welcome her to our class." the teacher said, facing the class then looked at me as he said my name.
I could tell my name caught people's attention.
I glanced at the stern old man next to me and I could tell he wanted me to sit down so he could continue. I scanned the class for an open seat until my eyes met ones that I thought I'd never see again. My eyes began to widen...

Kaname Kuran...

(I hope you enjoyed the chapter! This is my first fanfic so sorry for the errors!)