-Chapter 30-

-Sweet Jesus, we made it to chapter 30-

[Sorry for grammar mistakes!]

The grey owl soared high in the early night sky above the town, as it were desperately searching for something. The owl then flew closer down towards the building where the Senate resided in and flew close to the window. It was as if time moved slowly as the owl passed by a particular window, seeing everything in flames and the headless corpses of the Senate burning. There stood a figure in the back as he watched everything burn. It was Kaname Kuran. The girl jolted in her chair and breathed heavily. She gripped the feather in her hand as her body began to tremble in fear at what she had just witnessed.

"Oh...Oh no...What should I do?" Maria's shaky voice escaped her lips. "The elders of the Senate have been...!" She suddenly jumped from her chair and ran towards her door. "Mother! Father! Something terrible has happened! Lord Kaname has...!"

The news of the Senate's deaths began to spread through the vampire society like mad...

____________________________________________

In the quiet old Night class dorm, The black-haired man let out a long quiet sigh as he leaned back in his chair that sat next to the large bed in the dim lit room. In the bed, an unconscious young vampire rested as her wounded body slowly started to heal. Shiro watched Emi as the anxious feeling in his chest started to fade away, noticing her condition starting to improve. Shiro jumped slightly as he heard the door behind him open and glanced to see who would be visiting them.

There stood Kaien Cross and Toga Yagari. They both stepped in quietly and shut the door behind them. Kaien walked up and stood beside Shiro and gazed down at the resting girl while Yagari leaned against the wall and crossed his arms.

"How is she holding up?" Kaien spoke up quietly with a slightly worried expression showing on his face. Shiro glanced at the man that stood beside him, noticing He was back in his usual Headmaster getup. Not long ago, his glasses were gone and his hair was down while his face was stone cold serious and not to mention, he killed the Society President who was actually a vampire, which was a complete shock to most of the hunters. Shiro brushed away his thoughts and focused back on his daughter. 

"She seems to be healing faster. So that's a relief..." He replied and ran his hand through his raven hair.

"Hmph. You look like you aged ten years." Yagari spoke up, causing Shiro to look back and glare at him.

"Well I've been hunting down monsters all night and my daughter almost died. So yeah I'm probably looking old right now." He said sarcastically and let out a stressful sigh, leaning forward in his chair slightly. Yagari let out a soft 'hm' in reply as he reached into his coat to grab his carton of cigarettes. He gave the box a slight hit at the bottom and some of the cancer sticks came out slightly.  He then brought the box close to his mouth, grabbed one of the cigarette sticks and placed the box back in his pocket. "Make sure she scarfs down a lot of blood tablets when she wakes up."

"I know..." Shiro replied quietly

"You know Shiro... You were the last person I would ever expect taking some random kid in back then. Especially a vampire." Yagari started as he brought his lighter up to the bud of the cigarette and lit it. Shiro kept silent and kept his gaze down on the smooth wood floor beneath him.

Kaien chuckled as he walked over to the frosted window, looking out into the outside world. "I have to agree. Though Risa was so set on taking her in so I don't think he had a choice. But... Things are different now, right, Shiro?"