-Chapter 22-

Sara Shirabuki... A Pureblood vampire.

'It's Lady Sara'

'Lady Sara!'

'Lady Sara is attending this soiree as well? This is truly a momentous occasion...'

Whispers flooded the room, but I kept quiet as I watched the beautiful Pureblood walk closer. Kaname also began to walk towards her to greet her.

"Sara. It's been awhile." Kaname greeted and Sara gave a small smile in return.

"Kaname...I've missed seeing you... since you started playing school." She spoke in a calm tone. Kaname grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"There are few purebloods left in this world... so we must support each other." She added as she then turned her gaze towards me.

'Sara Shirabuki... I've only seen her once when I was a child, but it was from afar...' I thought as I tensed up when I noticed I was under her gaze. She gave a small giggle and began to walk towards me.

"You must be Emi... I've heard much of your family. Your family was one of the few that were close to the Kuran's...It's such a shame of what happened to both Kuran and the Mizono family." I locked my gaze onto Sara's pale blue orbs, afraid to look away. She paused and grabbed my hand as she turned towards the large group of Aristocrats, eyeing Lord Aido.

"It's obvious that Miss Emi would be the one to most likely be betrothed to Lord Kaname." She stated with a smile. My hazel eyes widened and my face immediately turned red as the room filled with chatter upon hearing this.

'Wh-What?!' I screamed mentally. My arm began to shake slightly, forgetting Sara was holding my hand. She glanced at me and giggled slightly.

"Are you embarrassed?" She whispered to me with a calm smile. For some reason... it seems like she's hiding something behind that smile... but I decided to brush it off. I bit my lip as my eyes wondered to Kaname. Our eyes met but I quickly averted my gaze.

"L-Lady Sara please don't make such jokes!" I whispered in embarrassment as my heart pounded fast.

"Oh but I do not joke... " She whispered and chuckled through the loud chatter. Kaname then began to make his way towards the both of us and Sara let go of my hand, chuckling.

"It was a pleasure to finally meet you, Emi." She paused and leaned in close to my ear and whispered. "Let us be friends as well..."

I tensed up and kept a straight face as she walked off towards the other direction, her long curly hair brushing past me.

'...There's something about her that bugs me...' My thoughts were interrupted when I noticed Kaname standing beside me.

I felt my face heat up slightly, remembering what Sara had said earlier. I shook my head slightly and brushed off the thought.

"Are you okay, Emi?" He spoke gently as he gazed down at me.

I sighed slightly and gazed over the large group of vampires that were enjoying the night away.

"I guess." I laughed slightly. "I'm a bit tired..." I admitted.

"I can have a car take you back to the academy. You don't have to force yourself." His eyes showed concern. I shook my head and smiled slightly.

"No you don't have to-" I stopped mid sentence when something caught my eye. At the end of the large ballroom, I saw a girl who looked like...

Her wavy chestnut hair was nicely combed and she wore a long violet dress. But she wore a mask to cover her eyes.
My eyes widened.