-Chapter 27-

{Sorry if there are grammar issues!}

Kaname gazed down at the girl in his arms and a wave of hesitation washed over him. This was something he yearned for the past 10 years... yet something in him was holding him back.

 These past years he was prepared for this day to come, even when it meant changing everything. All he could think about was being with the girl who was born to be his wife, but now he was questioning himself. He knew deep down, no matter how much he tried to ignore it, she held feelings for that boy. Kaname realized this after he partook from her... that her blood didn't quench his thirst.  Something or someone in his heart was preventing that...

 He decided to push the thoughts away and continued on...

______________________________

The Night Class was filled with shock as the presence of a new Pureblood filled the academy. 

Rido smirked. "Well...Shall I go pluck the ripe fruit...? Kaname decided to wake her up without pain." He chuckled. Ichijo looked away and bit his lip.

Emi and Aido stopped dead in their track. 

"What the.," Aido said under his breath while Emi stayed quiet, showing no reaction. Aido turned back and stared at Emi. A small feeling of guilt sparked within him. 

"Hey, let's head back to Akatsuki." He said in a kind tone to the fragile girl who would break at any moment. After a moment of silence, she shook her head and gazed up at Aido.

"You go ahead...I need to go back to my dorm." She forced a small smile on her lips. Aido stared at her with concern and sighed.

"Alright..." He spoke as he turned his back but didn't take a step forward. 

"Emi."

Emi glanced up and stared at his back in confusion.

"With everything that has happened to you... even tonight, please stay strong. You'll have a happy ending, I know it." He said with a tone with slight anger. Her eyes widen as she bit her lip, tears beginning to form in her hazel eyes. She let out a sniffle and wiped away the tears with her soft jacket sleeve that shielded her body from the cold. 

She hummed in agreement and smiled softly. "Thank you, Aido."

And with that, they parted ways. 

_______________________________________

"Akatsuki!" Aido spoke out in the restless night as he walked up to Kain, who was resting his back against the Sun dorm building. 

"Hanabusa, what's going on? You sensed it too, right?" Kain pushed himself up and glanced at Aido.  He stayed silent for a moment and sighed.  "Yes, I did."

"Hm? Where's Emi?" Kain said in tone with slight worry. Aido stared down at the ground, watching the snow fall to his feet. Only images of the event from not long ago flashed in his mind.

"She went back to the dorms." He finally replied. Kain stared at him with concern but shook it off. Their thoughts snapped when they heard footsteps coming their way. When the two glanced up, their eyes were met with Kaname's blank expression as he made his way towards them while carrying Yuki. It looked as if he was deep in thought. 

"Yuki Cross... is a Pureblood vampire?" Kain spoke up. He then glanced over to Aido beside him, noticing his stare towards Yuki Cross. 

Aido bit his lip slightly. "Is she... your younger sister?" 

"Hanabusa... No daughters were born into the Kuran family." Kain tried to correct him. Kaname stayed silent as he walked past them.

"She is indeed the beloved daughter of Juri and Haruka. She was hidden and protected." Kaname answered as Aido's blue eyes turned wide. "She was born to become my bride...If she still wishes it so..." Kaname glanced back at Aido. "Why are you surprised?"