-Chapter 12-

I yawned as I walked down the stairs, heading to the door. The Headmaster wanted to talk to me about something so I was heading to his office. Everyone is a little tense today for some reason and Kaname has locked himself in his room all day.

'I wonder what's going on today...'

---------------------------

I opened the door and saw the headmaster with the hunter talking. They stopped when they noticed me. 

"Oh, Emi! Thanks for taking the time to come here at such an hour." He gave me a cheerful smile. The hunter took the cigarette out of his mouth and threw it in an expensive looking glass bowl that sat on the headmaster's desk.

"HEY!" Headmaster shouted and quickly took it out the cigarette and whined. 

"This is an antique! Not an ashtray!"

"Well I had to put it somewhere," Mr. Yagari said with a frown and started to walk to the door. I stepped aside to let him through.
"Emi, it's about the Senate," Headmaster spoke in a serious tone as he crushes the Hunters cigarette and threw it in the trash.
I tensed up a little.
"You know the Ichijo's grandfather is a member of the Senate right?" I nodded.

 "Well, He requested to come to the dorm tonight and he knows that you are alive."

My eyes widen. 

"What? But how...?" I questioned quietly. 

'Well, that explains why everyone's tense today.' I thought and sighed. Well, it wasn't like I would be living in secret forever it was bound to happen soon...

"Thank you for letting me know, Headmaster."
He smiled slightly. "You're welcome, go get some rest, okay?" He said softly. I nodded and quickly walked out of the office and towards the dorm. Day Class was still in session. So there were a few students out.
I heard squealing and whispers. 

"Look it's a Night Class student!"

 "Why is a Night Class student doing out during Day Class session?"

 "Does that mean Aido is out too?!"

I sighed loudly and hurried to the Dormitory.

-------------------

Everyone was gathered in the room waiting for Ichio's arrival at the dorm. The room was filled with nothing but quiet whispers. I stood with the others.

 "Is he that frightening? This elderly senator." Ruka laughed quietly. 

"Well... He's a monster who's lived ten times longer than we have." Kain said. 

"I wonder who's scarier, the Pureblood Dorm President Kuran or him," Shiki said with curiosity. "You're kidding. That's obvious...." Aido looked over at Shiki. I just stood there quiet and nervous. I then look over to see Kaname walking down the stairs.

"Kaname!" Ichijo said surprised and ran to him. 

"It's ok you don't need to be here! He's probably here to lecture me." Ichijo quickly spoke.

"I haven't seen Ichio in some time," Kaname spoke as he walked down past Ichijo. 

"I just want to say hello, is that okay?" He turned and looked at Ichijo.

 "Sure, but..." Ichijo said quietly and followed him down. All of a sudden the doors flew open. I tensed up and moved slightly behind Kain. 

Kain notices but didn't say anything.

There stood Ichio.

"I appreciate this warm welcome." His deep voice broke the silence. 

"But I only came to see my dear grandson." I felt relieved when he said that. But then Ichio looked over to me. "And Ms. Mizono of course."

"Ichio, I'm glad to see you well." Kaname greeted him.
Ichio looked at him. 

"The last time we spoke was when you rejected me when I offered to be your guardian... and that's the last we spoke, Lord Kaname."

"I just didn't want to be pampered."
Ichijo leaned and whispered. 

"Kaname, there's no time for this"

Then Kaname looked over to Ichijo. 

"Yes, I know that."

I notice Ichio staring at Kaname's neck... then he slowly walked towards him. 

"Purebloods are different from us, after all. Your body may be covered in blood, but it is never sullied... like an everlasting flower whose fragrance never wanes." He then took Kaname's hand and got down on one knee. 

"With overflowing youth and power and I pray that someday that I could receive that 'unrivaled blood'". Everyone's eyes widen as Ruka grabbed Kaname's hand and Adio held Ichio's wrist. "Forgive me, Lord Kaname...But" Ruka said.

"Surely, you're jesting goes too far," Adio said in a serious tone. 

"Aido!" I panicked how Ichio glared at him. "Souen's girl. And the son of Aido."

"Hanabusa..." Ichijo said.
"Seeking blood from a Pureblood is strictly tabooed!" He said with anger. 

"I don't fear yo-" Aido was interrupted when Kaname slapped him. Aido put his hand on his red cheek as pain showed on his face and Kain held Ruka. Kaname turned to Ichio and apologized.

"It is your presence here, which puts me at ease." He said as he got back down on his knee and kissed his hand. After that Kaname went back to his room and everyone left except for me and Ichijo and Ichio was getting ready to leave. 

"Um.." I decided to speak out finally. 

"There was nothing really to discuss with you Ms. Mizono. I just needed to see the proof you were still living after the Headmaster of the Academy told me." He said. 

"Headmaster told you?!" I said, surprised. 

'Headmaster Cross told him I was alive??? But why?' I thought. He began to walk to the door.

 "Takuma, it seems that Lord Kaname has a great deal of trust in you. Continue to serve him, And observe him well. For those are the only reasons why I allowed you to stay at this academy." He spoke as the door opened on its own.

"Grandfather, you do not understand. You see I'll only do what is best for my friends...I'm sorry." Ichijo said with a smile. Ichio glared at him.
"It is you who doesn't understand. A friendship formed under false peace in this small world known as the Academy won't-"
"Cross Academy is peaceful!" Ichio was interrupted by a cheerful voice. We looked at the entrance to see Yuki.
"Yuki!" Ichijo and I said at the same time.
"S-So please continue your generous donations!" Yuki said as she did a salute. 

"Those are Headmaster's words! Umm... You're Ichijo's grandfather, right? I've come to escort you!" She said as Zero came from behind the wall. 

"Follow us, we'll take you to the Headmaster's office," Zero said.

"Hmph very well..." he said as he began to walk out.
"Ichio" a voice called out and stopped Ichio. I looked behind to see Kaname. "Huh? Kaname!" Yuki said surprised. 

"I look forward to seeing you again."

"As do I..." Ichio said as he walked out but then stopped again. 

"Emi... it's your sister..." he said. 

"Huh?" I said as everything fell silent.

 "It seems they never found her remains." He then walked off. My eyes widen. 

'What...?'