-Chapter 14-

It was early in the morning at Cross Academy. Day class was in session while the Night Class slept. The dormitory was in silence except for the sound of my footsteps as I walked down the stairs. After I made it down, I plopped myself on the couch and sighed.

I wonder how Risa and Shiro are doing...
I should go see them when we have the next holiday break. But that would be awhile.
...Though I think the next time I see them, they're going to kill me.
I sat up and looked at the door that leads outside.
Was it really a good idea to come here...?
Why...did I even come here?
I sighed again and stood up from the couch and went back up upstairs.

I put on a hoodie and walked back downstairs quietly and walked out of the dorm.
Thank god Day class were in the building.

The town's atmosphere was lively. Friends sat at a café drinking coffee, People browsing market stands and a Mother and child getting groceries for dinner tonight. Little do they know that they're being watched from afar. Beasts watch their victims with nothing but hunger in their eyes. They prey on humans and wait for the right opportunity to catch their victims when they least expect it. They hide in the shadows and come out during the night to hunt. These beasts are Vampires.

I sighed as she closed the book. I stood in a small bookstore that was in the small quiet town not too far from Cross Academy. I put the book back on the shelf and walked out of the store. Not a lot people were out today. The town was quiet with a slight gloom atmosphere. Easier for level E's to attack without being noticed.

I stop and inhaled to smell of the sweet smell of fresh baked goods at a nearby bakery. I smiled but slightly felt disappointed since I forgot my money back at the dorm.
I still have an hour left until I have to get back.
I was lost in thought when I accidentally bumped into someone.
I noticed it was a woman but I couldn't see her face since she had her hood on.
"I'm sorry." I apologized.
She didn't reply.
She just stood there for a moment as I stared at her with confusion.
Is she hurt....?
"Its fine...." she said with a whisper but loud enough for me to hear.
She began to walk away and I notice that she was wobbling slightly. She then tripped and her hood fell off her head.
I gasped and quickly run to her side to catch her from falling to the ground.
"Hey! are you ok?" I said, worried for the woman.
But my eyes widen when I got a look at her face.
She pushed me away harshly and glared at me as she quickly put on her hood and ran away.
"W-Wait! Ky-"
But it was too late. She disappeared.
I stood there in shock.
Was that.....?
Ichio's words echoed in my mind...
"It's your sister....they never found her remains"

I arrived at Cross Academy late. It was already 9 pm and Night Class has been in session for a few hours now. But I didn't care. I started walking towards the Moon Dormitory and I still planned on going to class. I was lost in thought when I didn't notice someone behind me.
" Emi? "
I was startled and quickly turned around to see Yuki.
" O-oh, It's just you!" I said as I calmed down.
"I'm sorry!" She apologized, but her expression changed to confusion.
" Why aren't you in class?"
"Ah! I went out earlier to run some errands, but I ended up being later than I expected. Sorry! I'm on my way to the dorm to get ready." I said.
" I see. Well just don't do it again. Well, I have to get back on duty. Have a good night! " She smiled and ran off.
I pretend to smile back before she left. Then I started walking to the dormitory again.

I finished getting ready and headed out of the dorm. I sighed and prayed that the teacher won't get angry and lecture me. I walked into the building and walked down the dark hallway. The only light source was the moonlight. My mind started to wonder to earlier.
She looked just like her...
Before I knew it, I walked into class. It was quiet and everyone looked over to me.
"Glad you could join the lesson vampire." Mr. Yagari looking at me. I didn't say anything and sat down next to Aido as usual.

Mr. Yagari finished and left and the Night class had free time.
"Where did you run off to? You disappeared all of a sudden." Aido turned to me.
".....I was in town...." I managed to say. I felt exhausted and hungry. I groaned and laid my head down on the desk.
Aido looked me confused.
"Are you tired, Emi?" A cheerful voice came from next to me. It was Maria. I nodded slightly. Shiki started to poke my cheek.
"You people love to annoy me, don't you?" I said with a hint of annoyance in my voice. Shiki stopped and sat down and began to eat pocky as usual.
"How was it like in town?" Maria said with an innocent smile.
I sat back up and put on a fake smile.
"It's small and quiet...its nothing much I guess."
"I see... you looked pale when you walked in...did you see something or..... someone?" She said with a smirk. My eyes widen. Out of all things.... why would she say that?
She giggled and walked away. I didn't say anything.
Everyone looked at me confused.
"Emi? Are you alright?" I hear Ichijo say and I notice that Kaname was also looking at me.
I stood up.
"I'm fine! Um... I'm going to head back to the dorm."
I said before I quickly walk out of the classroom.

I walk down the dark hallway and let out a loud sigh.
"Emi." I heard a voice call from behind me. I turned to see Kaname.
"Kaname?....do you need something?" I averted my eyes away from him.
He started to walk towards me as he footsteps echoed slightly through the halls. My heart skips a beat as his footsteps grew louder and closer. He stood in front of me but I didn't look at him.
Then his hand grabbed my chin lightly and lifted my face up so he could look at my face. I felt my cheeks heat up and I got butterflies in my stomach.
"Emi..." he whispered. When he said my name, my heart skipped a beat. He was so close.
"Are you sure you're alright?" He said with concerned as he cupped my cheek.
"...y-yeah I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me, Lord Kaname." I managed to say.
Then he pulled me into a tight hug.
"L-Lord K-Kana-"
"No... don't call me that.... and I can't just stop worrying about you, Emi" he whispered.
"Kaname..." I said quietly. I hugged him back. Good memories started to creep into my mind. He pulled away a little.
"Head back to your room and rest. You look exhausted." He said with his gentle smile.
"Y-Yes, Goodnight Kaname." I stuttered.
Before I pulled away from him, he kissed the top of my head. "Good night, Emi"
I blushed and walked towards the dorm.
What had happened earlier had left my mind for a bit.

FINALLY FINISHED!
Hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)