-Chapter 23-

Tonight, the air was cold and the dark clouds blocked the starry night sky. I brought my small hands close to my face and released my breath onto them for warmth as I stared up into the sky.

"What are you up to, Emi?" I heard a familiar voice call from behind. I turned my head slightly to catch a glimpse of the young Pureblood.

"Oh, Kaname..." His face was filled with wonder as he gazed down at me. I noticed that he had his coat and scarf on, which meant he would be leaving soon. I felt a bit of sadness, knowing I might not see him for a while due to the fact that he'll be going to spend time over at Ichijo's home.  I looked away and gazed back up at the clouds that hung over our heads high in the sky. 

"Waiting for the snow," I replied softly. I heard him chuckle slightly as he stood beside me and stared up into the sky as well.

"It looks like the snow will fall soon so it won't be long." He spoke. 

"Tama said you'll be leaving for a while... You're going to see Ichijo, right?" I spoke up.

"Yes, but it won't be for a long time." He smiled slightly.

I looked up and gazed at his face as he stared up at the sky. "When.... will you visit next?" I muttered out.

"....Soon again I hope." He said quietly. I know it isn't goodbye forever but... I feel like it will also be a long time until I see him again... and that makes me a bit sad from this feeling. But why...?

I looked up again and I gasped quietly as I saw a few snowflakes fall gracefully from the sky, but I jumped slightly in surprise as Kaname's gloved hand grabbed mine and squeezed it slightly.

"Your hands are so cold...I can feel it through my gloves. You need to dress warmer." He chuckled softly as I blushed and looked down without saying anything. But then there was a car honk in the distance and I looked up at Kaname.

"I must go. I promise I'll visit again soon Emi." Kaname patted my head and gave me a warm smile before he made his way towards the black car that waited for him. I gave a small wave before the car drove off and watched as it disappeared into the night. I never knew that it would be 10 years until I would see him again. 

_________________________________________________

I opened my eyes slowly as It adjusted to the setting sunlight that peered through the open curtains. After realizing that I fell asleep, I grunted as I rolled over and buried my face into the pillow. After a moment I decided to push myself out of the warm bed and walk over to the window. I looked up and noticed the grey clouds starting to gather. 

"It's going to start snowing soon..." I whispered. 

I sighed as I closed the curtains, threw on my coat, and walked out of the dorm. 

'I need some fresh air...' I thought to myself as I inhaled the cold crisp air. 

After wandering around the campus for awhile, I noticed two people, a man, and a woman, walking in the distance. As I got closer I noticed a girl behind them. But I stopped in my tracks when I noticed the girl who was with them.

Maria Kurenai...

The man then noticed me and also stopped, making the woman and the girl stop walking.

"Oh! You're Emi Mizono!" He gave a dramatic surprised look. I tensed a little and gave a nervous laugh in return.

"Oh my it's a pleasure to finally meet you in person." The wife said with a smile. Maria stared at me as well.