-Chapter 16-

I quickly walked out of the ballroom trying to calm down. 'Idiot! You shouldn't think that!' 

I mentally scolded myself as I walked towards the dorm. But still... my heart won't stop pounding and his beautiful brown eyes keep popping up in my mind... I sighed and stopped walking.

Yuki obviously has feelings for him and... he cares deeply for her... I shouldn't think of him that way or I'll seriously start to grow feelings. 

 I then noticed something in the corner of my eyes.

I looked over to see Kain and Aido kneeling down and staring at the ground. I began to walk towards them and as I got closer I noticed they were staring down in an underground passage.

"Aido? Kain?" They jumped when I spoke. 

Aido quickly stood up, "Emi! You can't be here, go back." he said sternly. "Hanabusa, calm down." Kain sighed and looked over at me.  "Heading back to the dorms?"

In nodded, but I gazed down into the dark underground passage. "What on earth did you two find?" I asked as I crouched down next to Kain. Aido looked at Kain with a hesitant look and Kain nodded.

 "...We think we found out something about Maria, and that secret lies in here..." Aido had a disturbed look on his face as if he's about to discover something big. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's head in!" I said as I climbed down into the dark steps. 

"Hey!" I heard Aido shout but I kept going down the strangely cold passage.

"Beyond this is..." Kain spoke voice echoed as an opening came into view with a dim glow pouring out into the cold darkness. We got to the doorway and my eyes widen from what I saw.

"Oh my god..." I managed to say quietly. There before us was a large ice coffin-like hanging in the air. Inside that large ice was...

Shizuka Hio.

"The Madly Blossoming Princess, Shizuka Hio." Kain's voice broke the silence. "You're right... she cast off her body."

Aido was deep in thought, "... But why would she go through all that trouble...?"

"You don't think Shizuka is-" I was interrupted when a stern voice echoed around us.

"This is not your business." We turned to see Maria's masked servant.

 "Why not?" Aido asked with a serious look. He stayed quiet for a moment and then walked up to the ice coffin. 

"Wait-!" Kain stopped Aido from disturbing the boy, 

"Stop, Hanabusa." Aido then stood still and looked at him.  The ice began to dissolve and the masked man retrieved the Purebloods body and disappeared into the darkness.

 Did Kaname know about this...? 

'If Shizuka's body is here at the Academy, then does that mean she's...'  She has to be here...

"Maria and Shizuka...." I said quietly. Aido and Kain looked over to me with a confused expression. Is it possible....? 

Kain sighed, "There's nothing we can do against a Pureblood anyway."

I quickly walked out of the room and lifted my dress slightly as I ran up the stairs and my hair had fallen down. 'If she's at the academy, then Yuki and Zero. She did something to Yuki and she got into a fight with Zero...' I began to remember the time I spoke to Yuki.

By the time I ran up to the surface, the masked servant was already gone. Kain and Aido appeared behind me and Kain sighed, "I'll head back to the ballroom and talk to President Kuran."