-Chapter 18-

I felt my heart stop when I saw the girl before me. 

"Emi? Do you know her?" Aido looked at me, concerned at my shocked face. Ichio's words started to echo in my head. 

"That's my older sister..." I whispered. Aido's eyes widen as he looked over to Kyou who gave him a glare. I can feel tears well up in my eyes. 'She's really alive....'

"Kyou you're really alive!" I smiled in relief. "I'm so ha-"

"SHUT UP!" Kyou shouted and cracked the ice that trapped her arm.

"Hey!" Aido pushed me behind him. "K-Kyou..?" I muttered out in surprise.

"To think that you're still alive... you're going to get in my way again..." I heard her whisper. I stepped away from Aido and looked her in the eye. "What on earth are you talking about?! What happened to you?....Were you working for Shizuka...?"

"Hehe... It doesn't concern you for what I'm doing. Now release me!" She growled.

"Kyou why are you doing this?!" I yelled. She gave a chuckle in response.

"Kyou I'm being serious!" I shouted.

"I guess Shizuka and I are similar in a way...we both had someone we loved but they were snatched away..." She chuckled and looked up at me.

"Emi, don't you have someone you love?" she tilted her head. I looked away and felt my heart jump when Kaname entered my mind but I quickly shook the thought away.

Kyou's face then grew dark. All of a sudden a random gust of wind blew through the room we stood in and Kyou shattered the ice around her and appeared next to the door that blew open. "As much as I would love to stay and fight, I don't have time... Damn Shizuka..." She whispered. "Wait! Kyou!!" I squinted my eyes and reached my hand towards her, I could've sworn I saw her look at me and give me a sad smile, but she disappeared.

"Damnit!" Aido cursed. I stared at the door in shock. Aido grabbed my shoulder and gave me a concerned look.
"Hey... let's just leave for now... it been a long night." I didn't look at him nor did I say anything. I looked down and clenched my fist. Aido took my arm and led me back to the dorm without asking anything.

When we reached the dorm, it was quiet. It seems that everyone had called it a night.

"Hanabusa, Emi." We heard Kain's voice come from behind us.

Aido turned around. "Akatsuki!"

"You're just now getting back?" He asked concerned. Aido looked at him, slightly irritated.

"Same goes for you." Aido shot back. Kain sighed and scratched his head. "Aido it's about Shizuka..."

"I know." Aido cut him off and closed his eyes. I kept still and didn't say a word. Kain looked at me and was about to say something, but Aido cut him off. "Anyways, It's been a long night let's discuss this tomorrow..." Aido yawned.
"I'm going to head to bed... Emi will you be okay?" He looked at me worried. I looked at Aido and gave him a weak smile.
"I'll be okay... I just need some sleep." I managed to say quietly.

Aido sighed and patted my shoulder. "Alright go get some sleep." He said calmly as he and Kain head upstairs and into their rooms. I sighed and tried to hold back the tears. I felt like collapsing. Everything that happened tonight....it made me mentally and physically exhausted. I dragged myself up the stairs and down the hall to my room. I quietly entered but Rima was nowhere to be seen. I sighed in relief and ran to the bathroom. I kicked my heels off and tugged off my dress. I turned on the water and jumped in.

---------

After taking a cool shower, I felt a bit refreshed. I dried my hair and exited the bathroom. I noticed that Rima was sound asleep in her bed so I quietly walked over to my bed and laid down. It was dark in the room but it seems that the sun will be rising soon. I closed my eyes and hoped that all of this was just a dream....but I couldn't fall asleep with all these thoughts in my head.

I sighed quietly shuffled around in my large bed and my eyes wandered around the dark room, eying every dark corner. I glanced at the small patch of light from that sat on the wall. The light peered through the small crack of the curtains and I felt a bit tranquil as I heard not a sound from outside.

'Its already morning, huh?'

My thoughts had wondered to Kaname and Kyou.

'Why is Kyou doing this...? After all this time... There has to be a reason... Kyou...Kaname... '

I felt tears start to form. Since I was laying down, the tears slid across my face. 'Why did this happen? Why did it turn out this way for us? Why did that man...'
I bit my lip from making a sound, to prevent waking Rima and I curled into a ball and hid my face under the covers. I felt so useless.
I'm always so hesitant to follow what I believe and move forward. I'm nothing but a hindrance to everyone....to Kaname...
If only I listened to Risa and Shiro. I finally took this step to come to this Academy, but now I only regret.

Then I felt the bed dip slightly and something gently touch my shoulder.

I peaked from the covers to see Rima, Her face showing a bit of concern. I quickly wiped away my tears and sat up.
"Sorry, did I wake you?" I managed to say.
"Yeah, but it's okay. You're crying...What's wrong?" She asked with a hint of worry in her voice.
I closed my eyes and My chest felt heavy.
"...A lot of unfortunate things happened tonight and...its been weighing heavily on my mind."

"Are you able to explain to me what happened?" She asked quietly.

I stayed silent for a moment. 'I don't think...I can tell her...'

"Well... let's just say...I ran into someone I haven't seen in a decade... and it wasn't a very happy reunion." I sighed heavily.
"Its like she wasn't the same person I used to know... maybe that night changed her..." I whispered to myself.
I played with a strand of my brown hair.
"Whatever happened...there must be the reason why that person changed. You should ask if you ever encounter them. Deep down, I'm sure they're the same as you once knew them to be. Don't let it get to you Emi." Rima sighed.
"You're right... I just hope I can see her again. Thanks, Rima... I'm sorry I'm such a bother." I looked down.

"Hey now, don't say that. You're not bothering anyone. Look I'm not too good with these types of things but... if you need anything, you can talk to me." She stood up and walked over to her bed and plopped down.
"I'll just blackmail Aido into taking notes for you if you decide to skip class." She muffled into the pillow.

I giggled and smiled slightly. "Thanks. I appreciate it..."
I laid back down, closed my eyes, and drifted off to a deep slumber.

---------------------------

The hooded girl stood on the branch and stared at the Moon Dormitory.

"Forgive me Emi... but I'm afraid things won't be the same for us... but I've already sunk into darkness. Continue forward...until we meet again, my dear little sister....and goodbye my first love." She whispered as she disappeared into the mist of the morning.