-Chapter 29-

When vampires die, they dissolve to dust. We're born into life, like humans. But, when the time comes, if you make the wrong move... you're gone. Just like that. 

For Purebloods, they live painfully long lives. Watching the world around them change, their loved ones wither away. They desperately search for a way out, hoping to put a stop to this long dreadful life of theirs. 

  "Rido is my master... because he awoken me from my coffin."

Kaname... just how long have you suffered? Living for so long... It must've been so painful. Were you lonely? How long were you vast asleep inside your coffin? You were hoping to turn to dust, weren't you?

Questions I could never bring myself to ask him... I shouldn't pry into his past life, it might be painful for him after all. I only wish nothing but happiness for him, even if it leaves my heart in pain. I want to see him smile from his heart. I don't want his eyes to look lonely anymore... I don't know if I'll be able to see you again, Kaname... The only thing I'll regret is not telling you how I truly felt about you.

But right now, I'm fighting my own demon. I looked up to meet the menacing stare of the monster before me. I ignored the pain in my side, refusing to show him any weakness.

"I'm impressed you actually hurt me, little Emi." The Pureblood's venom words left his smirking lips with a laugh. But that smirk left those lips as the scent of my blood reached him. " I borrowed similarly powers to take Haruka's life. Won't you stop fighting and let me devour you?"

I bit my lip, but my attention broke as I noticed a familiar presence nearby.

I turned my head to see a shocked Yuki, being held back by Aido, who was also shocked from hearing the words Rido had said seconds ago. She wore her Day Class uniform and her short brown hair was now longer. In her hands, was a scythe.

"Yuki..." My hazel eyes widen, processing that she was indeed a Pureblood vampire. The sweet human girl I knew before was now a creature of the dark. It pained my heart a little bit.

My thoughts were shattered as the chuckle of Rido cut in. "So that's the name Haruka and Juri gave you... I've been waiting for you, Pureblood Princess of Kuran." 

"Yuki get out of here! He's after you!" I shouted, not wanting her to get involved in this mess. If he gets to her, she's dead. She shook her head and gripped her weapon.

"I'm not leaving you to fight him alone! You'll die! He's my opponent too!" Yuki yelled, her eyes showing her anxious feelings. I shook my head and smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry, Yuki... but this is something I must do. I don't want him to lose any more loved ones to this monster." I stared at Aido and Yuki. 

"Emi, wait!" Aido called out with a fearful look. Yuki quickly tried to run towards me, but I quickly raised a large ice wall around us to keep them out. 

Heh. Thanks, snow.

"Hmm, such a rash decision. You would have a better chance if you had help." Rido showed his menacing smirk yet again. To him, I was an easy pray. But I'm not going to let myself become food to that monster...

The building we stood on begun to shake more than it has ever before, causing me to keep myself from falling. My heart stopped when I noticed he was suddenly right behind me. I quickly formed large and sharp icicles that impaled him as I quickly jump away from his reach. But the pain in my side caused me to wince.