-Chapter 3-

I stepped through the large doors of the Moon Dormitory that was isolated from the campus. It was dim, quiet, and empty. It seems mostly everyone was in their rooms.

 It turns out I share a room with a girl named Rima Touya.

 I slowly make my way up the stairs and down the halls and found the room which was at the end of the hallway and knocked on the door, but there was no answer.

  'I guess she isn't here yet...' I opened the door to see the large room empty.

 In the room, there was nothing but two elegant beds and two wardrobes next to them for our belongings. The moonlight, that shone through the large window in the middle of the bedroom, lit up the room. On the bed to the left is where my suitcase sat, so it must be where I'll sleep for my time here. 

'I should start unpacking before Kaname comes back.' I thought as I walked up to my luggage.

 I started to empty my suitcase and fill up the empty wardrobe next to my bed, settling into my new room. After a while, I finally finished and I slid the suitcase underneath the bed since there wasn't anywhere I could place it. I sat on the bed with a loud sigh and laid down, feeling how comfy the large bed was.

  'I should probably change...'

 I got up and walked back to the wardrobe that I recently packed and grabbed my nightgown. The nightgown was a white comfortable cotton fabric that went down to my knees. 

After dressing into my nightgown I heard voices.

 'Oh...They must be back.' 

I walked out and down the dim hallway. Once I reached the staircase, I peeked around the corner to see Aido and Kain sitting on the couch talking.

"Ten days suspension... but Yuki's blood was worth it. I wonder if blood tablets aren't enough for me. I couldn't resist her blood I just-" Aido's sentence was cut off when Kaname came in and slapped him hard, causing him to bleed. I gasped quietly in shock, never seeing Kaname do this.

 "You just?" Kaname said with a death glare causing Aido to immediately look away.

"S-sorry..." he stuttered an apology, refusing to meet Kaname's dark gaze.

'He must really care for Yuki... to slap him that hard...' I thought to myself, not noticing Kaname coming up the stairs.

 "Emi." his voice disrupted my thoughts, making me jump slightly. I looked at him quickly but when I made eye contact, I had to look away and I couldn't say anything. 

"Follow me." he smiled slightly and walked past me, leading the way. I followed behind him, but I kept my distance. We then came to a stop and there stood a large door that might seem to lead to Kaname's room. He opened it quickly held it for me to enter first. I hesitantly walked into the room, though it seemed more like an office room. There were two doors to my left and right. I'm guessing one is his bedroom and the other is the bathroom. 

In the center of the room was a fancy love seat and behind was a desk. On the desk was a chessboard was scattered chess pieces on it. 

'I never knew he played chess. Though... he does seem like the type that would.'  I chuckled to my thought.

 He walked past me and sat down on the loveseat, but I stood still in front of the door feeling a bit nervous and awkward. I glanced at Kaname. He had on his long sleeve black dress shirt that was slightly unbuttoned and his dark brown hair was slightly damp from his shower.

 "Please. Have a seat, Emi," he said gently, motioning his hand for me to come closer. My heart skipped a beat hearing his voice after so long. His voice was so much deeper but still gentle. I made my way to the loveseat and sat down next to him, but not to close.

 "It's been ten years since we last spoken... All these years... I thought you were dead." He said looking at me with a sad look, his tone sounding heartbroken. I felt heavy remembering that night all those years ago. 

"I'm sorry..." I kept my gaze averted and I slightly ran my fingers through my wavy brown hair.

 " You don't have to apologize." He stared at me for a moment then chuckled, making me look at him with confusion.

 "Hmm. You remind me of your brother." Kaname said with a soft smiling, remembering those times. I blushed and looked away and smiled, remembering my older brother's face. 

"W-well I was always around him." I stuttered out quietly as I let out a giggle. 

"Lord Kaname..." I started as I glanced back to him. He let out another chuckle and scooted closer to me.

"Lord? Why don't you call me Kaname like you use to when you were little?" I blushed and felt embarrassed. 

"B-because I was little and I didn't understand. And plus people would nag me to death for not showing respect to you, a Pureblood...." I replied with a slight pout. 

"Don't worry of such a thing. I would tell them myself, that you're a close friend of mine."

 I smiled and laughed quietly. I started to feel warm inside for some reason... Maybe because I was in the presence of an old friend.

 "I-I think I'm going to call it a night." I suddenly said as I stood up and kept my gaze on him.

 He smiled, "I guess you're right. I'll see you tomorrow, Emi." I bowed and walked out the room and my heart started to calm.

 I sighed and started to walk to my room, my mind still processing everything from today. I felt so happy. Maybe it was a good thing I came here... When I made it to my room, I notice someone sleeping in the bed next to mine. 

'That must be Rima.' I quietly tiptoed to my bed and saw the girl. 'Oh! It's that girl I saw behind me in class earlier.'

 I quietly got into bed and curled up underneath the soft comforter.

 'I guess my first day wasn't so bad...' Then I started to drift off to a deep sleep.