-Epilogue-

The tunnel roared as the train made its way through, leaving the town behind. Inside one of the carts, Ruka, Kain, and Aido sat in silent. It's been almost a day since they left the Academy behind and started to make their way back home to their families. Ruka sat next to Kain, gazing out into the darkness of the tunnel deep in thought. Aido sat comfortably, yet tense, across from them with his eyes closed. 

Ruka's eyes darted to Aido. "If you hadn't let Seiren leave... We would have found out where Lord Kaname was going." Ruka stated, catching Aido's attention. Aido's calm face grew into an annoyance as he let out a stressful sigh. "I'm tired of hearing you complain." He opened his blue eyes and turned his gaze out the window. "So many things were happening at once. The entire Academy shut down for a time, including the Night Class. Seiren was already gone by the time we realized it. But..." He stopped and looked at Ruka and Kain. "We know what to next. That makes me feel good in a way. I want to stop by my parent's place first... and then we can go after Lord Kaname."

Ruka lips grew into a soft smile. " Yes..." She went silent for a bit before speaking up again. 

"Akatsuki. I've been meaning to tell you... I've given up on him completely." Kain opened his eyes and glanced over at Ruka, who stared out the window in front of her. 

"Yeah..." was all he could reply.

Aido left out a soft sigh as he leaned back in the comfortable chair as Ruka looked down. "I wonder... If Emi is alright." She spoke out with a hint of worry in her voice.

"The last I saw her, she was fighting Rido Kuran. I was searching for her after the chaos calmed down but instead, I ran into a hunter that only told me that she's safe and recovering. If I remember, That man was Emi's adoptive father. So... I'll trust his word." Aido spoke up softly as relief showed on his face, though he wished he could've seen for himself if his friend was truly alright. Ruka replied with a soft 'hm' and closed her eyes, returning to her deep thoughts. Nothing but silence fell over them, only the sound of the train was heard in their tiny cart room.

_______________________________________

The little bits of rays from the sun shone brightly through the large grey clouds that loomed over the quiet Academy, where a small war took place not long ago. The fragile snow fell slowly as the cool air blew through the leafless trees around the large Academy. A young woman sat on the large warm bed in the guest room of the old dormitory that was left untouched for many years. She let out a soft sigh as she looked over to the suitcase that sat beside her, her mind racing with thoughts. There were many unanswered questions about what happened the other night, but she decided to tuck those thoughts away. Suddenly, there was a soft knock on the door before it swung open behind her, causing her to turn her head back. 

Her hazel eyes meeting blue ones.

"The car is here, are you ready?" Shiro said as he peeked into the dim lit room. Emi's gaze left him as she nodded softly. Shiro stared at her for a moment. "I'm going to go put my things in the car, don't take to long, okay?" She turned back and smiled softly. "I'm about done anyway, I'll catch up in a second, okay?"

Shiro nodded before walking away from the door, leaving it open. Her gaze returned to the wooden floor below her as she brought her soft fingertips to her warm lips. The sweet taste lingered from before that made her heart race.

"It...must've been a dream... there's no way he would..." Her gentle voice trailed off. Even for a dream, it felt so real. It was something she wished to feel and taste again. She had noticed her unbearable hunger was no longer there and she felt somewhat at peace.