-Chapter 19-

A few days have passed since the night of the ball. Everything had settled down and went back to normal, or so some thought. Shizuka was dead, Maria was still unconscious and showed no signs of awakening, and Zero had disappeared, leaving Yuki to handle patrolling alone. The last few days had been quiet and tense, as if...there was a malicious feeling.  It was to the point no one bothered to show up for class. I sighed, opening my eyes.

I sat up and glanced at the large window beside my bed and It seems that the sun is started to set. 'I can't stay in my room forever... I need a change in scenery.'  I thought as I lifted myself off the bed, sliding on slippers, and began to walk towards the door. I opened the door quietly and stepped out into the quiet hallway. I looked around to see not a single soul was around.

I wandered around the dorm, deep in thought and watched the sunset through the passing windows.

"....shattered pieces of Shizuka Hio's body."   I stopped walked and noticed Kain's voice come from the room next to me. Kaname's study. I quietly walked up and leaned my back against the wall next to the door.

"I heard that the Headmaster took custody of Zero Kiryuu..." 

'So that's what happened to him...' One simple question answered.

"That's all I saw; Nothing else to report."

"I see.." I heard Kaname sigh. "I did not think Kiryuu was someone who would do something this foolish." Those words caught my attention. "But judging from this situation, I suppose there is no denying that in fact, he is the one who killed her."

'What...?' My eyes widen when I heard Kaname's words. 'He's in custody because they think he's the one who killed Shizuka?'  I bit my lip.

"Is something wrong, Aido?" Kaname asked.

I gasped quietly. 'Aido...'  I began to remember that night Aido and I witnessed Kaname and Shizuka. 

"N-No.."  I barely heard his response. I closed my eyes and listened carefully.

"Regardless, I need to report to the Senate. Every single detail." I heard him move around and his voice became a bit hard to hear since he moved away, but I was still able to make out what he was saying. "It is a fact that someone has committed the Taboo of killing a Pureblood." When I heard this, I tightened my fists. I couldn't hear the last words he spoke 

'Kaname...'

It was all a nightmare...

I've been telling myself that ever since the night of the ball. I began to walk away quickly, not caring if they could hear me. Kyou kept flashing in my mind. I bit my lip. 

I got far away and I leaned against the window and looked up at the night sky. "Has it already gotten dark?" I said to myself, sliding down to the floor and closed my eyes. 

______________

Quite some time has passed...

The moon stood high in the night sky, shining a dim light across the large, yet quiet town. There were so many stars, it was impossible to count. 

I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall of the dormitory. But, I felt myself tense up and my eyes shot open as the atmosphere around the dorm changed. I picked myself up and looked out the window frantically.

 The only name that popped up in my head...

'Kaname...?'

I stared out the window for a moment and tried to calm down. I closed my eyes and sighed. Maybe it was nothing... But I couldn't shake off the feeling that surrounded the Moon dormitory.