-Chapter 7-

___________________________

I finally decided to head to the Headmaster's office to talk about something important. I thought that early in the morning would be a good time for so that it wouldn't be too disruptive.

I finally made it to the office door, but right before I was going to grab the handle, the door swung open. 

There stood Zero.

 He walked passed me without looking at me or saying a word, not like I was expecting him to. I grabbed onto the door before it could shut and look over to him as he walked down the hall. I was kinda surprised he didn't glare at me though. I looked into the room to see Yuki standing there thinking and Headmaster Cross beat up and leaning upside down against the wall. I'm gonna guess that Zero did that. 

"Oh, Emi!" Yuki noticed me standing in the doorway. She looked over at Headmaster and sighed, walking towards the door.

"Sorry about that. I'm guessing you came here to talk to Headmaster?" She put the back of her hand behind her head and smiled.
"Yes. But I'm guessing he's not going to wake up soon..." I said sighing in defeat. 

"Yeah sorry about that..." she apologized again. 

"No it's alright, I'll come back later!" I smiled slightly as I ran out the dorm and back to the Moon Dormitory. 

'Damn...I really needed to speak with him' I thought, irritated. 'I guess I'll talk to him tonight...'

___________________________________

"Emi!" I heard a voice shout behind me. I turned to see Ichijo running towards me with a big smile. I stopped walking and waited for him to catch up. I'm guessing Ichijo and Shiki has come back from their job to hunt down a Level E. Finally Ichijo caught up to me and tried to catch his breath.

"What is it Ichijo?" I asked. After he caught his breath he stood straight and grinned. "I wanted to let you know that today is my birthday! I'm having a party tonight and was wondering if you'd like to come?"
I smiled.
" Of course I'll go!"
"Really? That's great! I'll see you tonight then!" He walked away smiling. I watched him leave until he was out of sight.

But Then it hit me... 

'CRAP! I was going to talk to headmaster tonight!'

I facepalmed in frustration. Well... I guess I'll have to talk to him another day.'

-------------------

The class has ended and the Night Class students gathered in a small courtyard that was behind the Dormitory.

 It was quiet... Ichijo, Shiki, and Rima were talking quietly and most of the students were silent while Kaname sat on the sofa and had his eyes closed. I stood next to the table where all the food was placed munching on the snacks. I had on a white long-sleeved shirt and black skinny jeans. I began to examine the large cake that stood before me. Even though I'm not a big fan of cakes, I would like to try some. 

"Are you enjoying yourself?" I heard a cheery voice behind me. I turned to see Ichijo. As always with a smile on his face.

 "Yes, thanks for inviting me," I spoke quietly and managed to give him a smile. To be honest, I was a bit uncomfortable. I don't know why but the air just doesn't seem right and it was so quiet. I decided to brush it off and began to chat with Ichijo. He was quite a funny person. But For some reason, I felt like someone was watching us, but I brushed it off.

Then I heard whispers arise. I turned around to see Aido and Kain and behind them was Yuki and Zero. 

'I guess Ichijo invited them too.' I thought as I sighed.

Yuki poked her head out from behind Kain and looked at Ichijo with confusion.

 "Yuki! Zero! Please make yourselves at home. I'm throwing a little party for my birthday!" He said, sparkling. 

"W-we came here on business... I want to know more about what happened today." Yuki said sternly. Ichijo looked a bit disappointed. 

"I want to know why you thought it was ok to destroy that Level E. I mean he's a vampire like you are!" Yuki spoke with seriousness. I began to realize what was going on.

"Actually we are not like them at all." Aido stepped in and walked up to the table next to Ichijo and me. 

"Yuki, you must understand that the society of vampires is ruled entirely by a few Purebloods and only a handful of Aristocrats. Every student in the Night Class is an Aristocrat of higher." Ichijo explained as he walked up to them and offered them drinks. As Yuki and Zero accepted the drinks Ichijo explained the rankings of the vampires. Zero glared at him when he mentioned the vampires who were once human and looked at him. He ignored it and began explaining what happens to those who were once human turn to Level E.

 I looked down. I felt bad for those who have to suffer like that. Then Aido stepped in again. 

"We are no way similar to the vampires who were originally human. Please don't lump us together again." Yuki looked a bit mad. 

"Why do you have to look down on them?!" She raised her voice, "None of them wanted to become Leve E in the first place! It was your kind th-"

"Exactly right and that is our duty to keep an eye on them" Ichijo cut her off.
"They were following my orders I'm the one that told Takuma and Senri to hunt down that Level E." A voice cut in. 

It was Kaname's. Everyone looked over to him with surprise, except me.

"It was you Kaname?" Yuki looked surprised.

"Yuki, I'm surprised you would come to such a dangerous place." He spoke.
"I wanted to find out for myself." Yuki said looking away. I turned around and began to munch on some snacks. Kaname sighed and ran his hand through his dark hair. "Did you now..."

"Come over here. Yuki, Zero."
Kaname sat back down as Yuki and Zero walked over to him. 

 "Yuki sit beside me," he said gently, Yuki looking surprised. 

"I-I'm fine here!" She said smiling. 

"Yuki." He said seriously. Yuki obeyed and sat next to him quickly. I looked away and closed my eyes and began to ignore everything. 

'Jeez, he didn't have to be demanding like that...'

After a while, I notice Zero run out and Yuki followed him. I also notice Ichijo was bleeding. 

'That's why...'

"Is it alright? Letting her go like that?" Kain asked Kaname. Kaname smiled slightly. "Eventually, Yuki will come back to me."
When he said that... I felt...sad. 

'Why do I feel like this?' I wonder. The sound of a gunshot in the distance could be heard. I became worried and ran out the yard.

I followed the scent of blood to the pool that was nearby. There was Yuki holding Zero in the water and a vampire hunter pointing a shotgun at Zero, who was bleeding. Right before I could do something, Headmaster appeared. 

"Stop!" He ran towards the Hunter and snatched the shotgun from him.

 "This is why I hate Vampire Hunters!" he shouted then the hunter snatched the gun back. Headmaster kneeled down and offer a hand to help Yuki and Zero out. But they got out themselves.

 I walked up to them with worry and I kept my distance from the hunter.

"Ah! Emi." Headmaster noticed me.

 "Sorry for the all the trouble." He said with a smile Yuki was too busy speaking to the Hunter and Zero walked away. 

"It's alright. I heard a gunshot and I got worried." I told him. 

 "It's alright now. You may head back to the dorms there's nothing to worry about," he said with reassurance. I looked over at the Hunter. 

'He looks familiar...' I couldn't put my finger on it. He looked over at me and glared a bit then looked away.