-Chapter 28-

[Sorry for grammar issues!]

"Don't die."

His words and tender yet serious voice were engraved in my mind and were repeated over and over. My legs came to a complete stop as I gaze down at my feet that refused to move. I felt frozen in place.

"You're cruel..." I smile sadly, mumbling to myself. Everything slowly replayed in my mind. 

The death of my parents and my brother.

Yuki is the pureblood princess of Kuran.

The death of my sister.

And now, Rido has returned. I can feel it...His evil presence that lingers around this academy and his servants.

Everything is crashing down.

I chuckled to myself and took a deep breath, glancing down the dark hallway. The building began to shake slightly causing me to sigh.

'Right now, there's a war going on.'

I pulled out the heavy large silver dagger and stared at my reflection through the silver blade. I then noticed a dark smudge that rested beside my reflection. I pressed my lips tightly and swung the blade, stabbing the dark figure that stood behind me.

Rido's minions.

The vampire woman screeched in pain from the anti-vampire weapon that entered her chest. She immediately withdrew and jumped a few feet away from me, hunched over as she covered her smoking wound.

"Y-You bitch!" She screamed with a raspy voice, her death glares pointed towards me. Her long messy black hair covered most of her face and her grey fur coat hung off her body, exposing her torn black dress. Her blood began to drip to the floor, causing a small puddle to form.

"I was going to offer you as a gift to Lord Rido, but I'd rather kill you!" She screamed in hysterical laughter.

I tensed up at her eerie laughter and sighed.  "You're insane, but...I don't plan on dying." I replied with a glare.

_________________________

The sun...wasn't so gentle anymore. I can suddenly feel everyone's presence and it seemed that darkness will fall over this academy.

I walked behind Aido, who kept his guard up as we had just left the boys dorm. I'm left with a heavy feeling as the sound of Zero's gun still rings in my ears. I said something horrible to him... After everything, I was still cruel...

But things are different now, aren't they? I now have my memories and I remember Brother Kaname...But I still feel uncertain of what I truly want.

Kaname...

Zero... Forgive me. But this is who I truly am... The Yuki you know will wither away.

Ah. Yori...

"Aido I want to stop by one more place." I spoke up and stared at Aido's back. I heard him sigh and ruffled his hair slightly.

"Urgh. Fine. But once we finish, you must return to your room immediately." He grumbled, still contemplating his decision. I nodded and begun to lead the way to the girl's dormitory. 

________________________________

I glanced down at the pile dust that once was a being in human form. Her eerie cries haunted my mind.  I gripped my dagger and sighed, turning my back and quickly making my way down the hall. I tensed up as I felt like I was being watched, as if there was someone staring deep into my soul that laid bare in view. I quickly glanced around the corridor, but I couldn't see or feel anyone near me.