-Chapter 4-

It was pitch black...I couldn't move...

"Help!"

I shouted....but no sound came out of my mouth. All I could do was scream in my head. 

But it was so dark I don't know what's going on until I heard a chuckle come from the darkness. The darkness began to fade a little and I stood in a large room.The lights were dim and the moonlight shone through the large windows. 

I realized where I was... I was standing in the entrance hall of my home. It was a bloody mess and my father, my brother, and sister laid lifeless of the ground, slowly turning to dust. I looked up to see the bad man holding my mother, his fangs in her neck, drinking every last drop. 

'Why? Why do I have to see this again?'

 Then, the man dropped my mother to the ground like a child throwing away a toy after he became bored with it. The shadows covered his face, but his eyes shone red. He licked the remaining of my mother's blood off his lips.

 But he wasn't finished... He slowly started to walk towards me. I wanted to scream. I wanted to run. But I couldn't move a muscle. In a blink of an eye, he was in front of me. He stared down at me, eyes filled with bloodlust.

"Stop.." I managed to say but in a whisper.
He didn't stop. His face inched closer to my neck. In a few seconds, he'll be drinking my blood until there's no more.

I woke up with a small gasp. My hand rushed to my neck to find no marks. I sighed in relief. It was just a nightmare...

I looked over to see my roommate still fast asleep in her bed. The room was dark because the thick curtains were blocking the morning light from coming in. I rolled over to my side and closed my eyes after realizing that we don't get ready for class until a few hours.

 I couldn't sleep though. Memories began to flood my mind of that night. I was the only one to survive that night but I ran away before the Senate's henchmen came to the crime scene.

 Even if they didn't find my remains, I was still reported deceased with my family. I remember hearing about it when I was eavesdropping on two hunters talking one day not too long after the incident. But I wanted to keep it that way. I didn't want to be in the vampire society after what happen and I grew afraid of vampires. Especially Purebloods. After all... it was a Pureblood that murdered my family...

But I was even more shocked to hear that Kaname's parents committed suicide the same night. The last time I spoke to Kaname was a week before that horrible night. I felt sad because I wouldn't be able to see him again... and the fact that his parents died like that... he must've felt so lonely. I never thought I'd see him again though. But he seems different somehow... It has been 10 years...

______________________________________________________

"Mizono."

I heard a girl's calm voice call out to me. I opened my eyes to see Rima standing next to my bed shaking me slightly from my deep sleep. I sat up in the bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. "Mizono, it's time to get ready everyone is waiting downstairs." She spoke. She was already in her uniform.

Then she began to walk towards the door and I noticed a tall boy leaning against the door frame. He had dark brown hair and his eyes light blue and he showed the same expression as Rima. 

"Let's go Shiki," she said quietly and walked out the door and Shiki followed close behind. I guess those two are really close.

 I quickly got up and began throwing on my uniform and brushing my hair and my teeth. After I finished, I grabbed my textbooks and quickly walked out the room and down the hall. I reached the stairs and saw everyone waiting.

 I quietly walked down the stairs and leaned against the wall. From a distance, I could hear girls screaming. The girls are louder than usual... I wonder why...

Aido and Kain were finally off of their suspension and were able to attend class again. I got to know the both during that time and we somehow became friends.

 I looked around and didn't see Kaname, I'm guessing that's why we're waiting.

 "Ah! I just love St. Xocolatl day!" Aido said with a bright smile. "I wonder how many I'll get! Hey, Akatsuki! Let's see who'll get the most chocolates!" 

Akatsuki looked over at the excited Aido and said bluntly with a bored expression, "I don't really care..."

"Lord Kaname!" Ruka said smiling and blushing when she saw Kaname walking down the stairs. Serien followed him from behind.

 "Yo Kaname." Takuma greeted his friend with a friendly grin. 

"Shall we go now?" Kaname said with a slight smile on his face.

When the gates opened, the fangirls began to go crazy. Aido, of course, was flirting with the girls and Akatsuki walked next to him questioning his cousin's actions while Ruka and Serien followed closely behind Kaname.

 Kaname looked over at Yuki and gave her a kind smile. "Good evening Yuki." This caused Yuki to blush slightly. 

"G-Good evening Kaname!" The fangirls behind Yuki glared at her, causing her to tense up.

 After watching these past weeks, I noticed Kaname does have feelings for Yuki. But why do I feel weird... Kaname...Lord Kaname is my friend... and his heart is set on Yuki. I know that but my chest feels somewhat heavy when I see them together. 

'I need to forget this...' I thought to myself and continued walking. Then Kaname stopped and turned around, looking over to Zero and walked up to him. The rest of the night class stopped and looked over to the both of them. 

"How are you feeling, Zero?" Zero's eyes widen when Kaname asked him that, stunned. Kaname turned around and walked towards us as Zero clenched his fist and glared at Kaname, then challenged him. 

"How dare he-" Aido said angrily and glared at Zero. 

"Calm down Hanabusa," Akatsuki told Aido. I was surprised and I noticed Yuki was too. But I decided to shake it off and head to class.