(4)

The day unfortunately, goes way to quickly. It's last period already, and i'm sitting in English. To put it bluntly, I'm shitting myself. The only upside, none of Marks cronies are in this class. I'm considering an escape route. It's possible. Leave now, and go hide out at Kenny's until tonight, then hide at the park. Go home tomorrow and die. Either way, I'm gonna be in a lot of trouble. That's it. There's ten minutes left of class. I'm doing it.

"Miss?" I call, raising my hand.

"What?" She answers rudely.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask. She grunts in response, and goes back to teaching her idiots. I get up, and hurry into the corridor. I look around to find it deserted. I breath a sigh of relief, and head towards my locker. I quietly load up my bag, and hurry towards the exit. I still haven't seen anyone, so I burst through the front doors. Before I can go towards any direction, I'm grabbed from behind, and dragged into the alley next to the school. Well shit. I'm thrown into the wall, and I'm surrounded. Why does this fell all too familiar. I look up to see Mark, Josh, and the football team all crowded around me, all grinning.

"You're too predictable Gemma." Mark says, grinning. 

"You've done it now." Josh says, fuming. "That was a test. To see if we could trust you tonight. You failed." He hauls me forward, out of the alley towards his car. "You now have no freedom. You will do this tonight, and you will follow our orders." He chucks me in the back between Brian and Luke, and slams the door. Mark hops into the drivers seat, and Josh gets in next to him. The other guys get into other cars, and they hightail it out of here. Well. I guess I made the wrong choice. I can practically fear Josh's anger from back here. I decide to give it one last shot.

"What about mum and Dad?" I ask, my voice trembling. 

"I've taken you to Marks house for tea." He smirks. "To teach you some manners." Of course they would believe that. My parents love Mark. Our parents our friends. 

"If you'd like Gemma." Mark starts. "That can still be arranged." 

"GO TO HELL!!" I yell, and I get an elbow to the ribs by Brian. 

"Shut up!" Josh yells. "You just wait. You're going to get it." We travel in silence, finally arriving at Marks house. There are no cars in the garage, so Marks parents are probably working the night shift. They're policeman. Oh, the irony.

We get inside, and Josh shoves me onto the couch. They go off to the kitchen, and the whole team disperses. I sigh. My plan sunk. There's no way to get out of this. I'm just going to have to do it. I may as well get some homework done, so I pull out my notes, and continue with Marks English asignment. I'm so focused, I don't notice him coming up behind me. He plucks my notebook out of my hands, and reads his essay. I stay silent, not wanting to be yelled at again. He grunts and throws it back. 

"I guess it will get me at least a B+." He says, slumping down on his armchair, turning on the T.V. Now I can stay quiet about a lot of things, but that kind of pissed me off.

"That essay is worth at least an A-." I protest. He chuckles. 

"Then you need to fix it." He says. "Last time I handed in an A the teacher got suspicious. All I want is a B+." I sigh, and start to redo it, adding in spelling mistakes, and incorrect convention codes. It physically hurts to do this. Josh walks in, and frowns when he sees me. 

"What are you doing?" He says, kicking my feet off the couch. "Sitting around doing nothing?"

"She's doing my homework." Mark says, flicking channels. Josh relaxes, and laughs. 

"Well, that's ok then." Josh pushes me off the couch, and I land on the floor. He sits down, and I stand up, and brush myself off. "Go make dinner." He says.