(22)

His lips so smooth, his touch so soft. This is happening. I move forward, and caress his cheek, and start to-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

I jolt up, almost falling out of bed, catching myself just in time. I rub my eyes, and yawn. A whole week. It's been a whole week since Liam kissed me. As soon as we parted, I got a text from Josh, that they were coming home early. We spent the next fifteen minutes avoiding each other, getting everybody out of the house. For the next week, we would always find some reason to not be alone together. Not that I really want to. I mean, who would want to have that awkward conversation? Hello Liam. It has been seven days since your lips made either intentional or accidental contact with my own. Now what are your intentions with me? No, my plan is to keep avoiding him, until absolutely necessary. 

I lay back in my bed, drawing the covers up. It's a lazy, rainy Sunday today. For the past week, I've had to wait on Josh's gang constantly. When Josh came home, most of the things on the list were done, and I managed to finish all of it that day. But, he still wasn't done punishing me, so he decided to torture me. There was always something that I had to do. I know I'll have to get up soon, but I just want to enjoy it. I look out the window, and I can see Liam sleeping in his bed. Now I know this is creepy. But a couple of days ago, I realised that he never shuts his blinds, and I can see straight in. I know, I should have stopped it a long time ago, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He's just so... let's face it, he's hot.

"Gemma!" I sigh, and get up. I pop my head out my door, and see Caleb grinning at me.

"What do you want?" I ask sleepily.

"Aw, were you asleep?" he coos, letting himself into my room. I stare at him witheringly.

"Seriously, what do you want?" I ask, crawling back into bed. "It's eight am on a Sunday." He chuckles, and rips the sheets off me.

"We just realised that we haven't collected your pay in two weeks." He says. "So hand it over." I groan.

"Do I have to give you every pay?" I whine. "I literally have nothing to buy stuff with." He sits down on the bed, and slaps my thighs, making me quickly sit up.

"I could always just give him that three thousand." He smiles. "And explain why you had it." I stare at him sharply.

"Fine." I growl. I grab the money from my nightstand, and throw it at him. "Now go away!" I try to grab my blankets, but he holds them out of my reach.

"Get up." he says. "Time to start the day." He leaves the room, taking my blankets with him. I hate him. I grumpily get up, and close my blinds to get dressed. I quickly put on some clothes, and then open my blinds, hoping to catch Liam wake up. I'm just on time. He sits up, and stretches, shirtless. Oh my god. I see him staring into the distance, and he frowns. Then I freeze. He's staring at me staring at him. I slam my blinds closed, and duck. Oh god. The embarrassment. Now when we eventually do have the talk, I can't pretend that I wasn't bothered by him. Uh. This day is going to be great. I head into the kitchen, and put on a pot of coffee. Everybody wanders in, and and I put the cereal on the table. Josh walks in, and grins when he sees me.

"How did you sleep Gemma?" He asks.

"Great." I answer dryly. "Thank you so much for the lizard you slipped into my bed. I really appreciated it."

"Your welcome." He says happily. "You eaten yet?"

"No." I say. "Can I?"

"A little." He says, stuffing his face. I gladly pour a small bowl of cereal, and start to eat. Mark suddenly runs in, grinning.

"Josh, awesome news." He says excited.

"Later." Josh says gruffly, quickly looking at me. Mark sees me, and sighs, frowning.

"Get out." He spits. I start to leave, cereal in hand, but it's ripped from my hands. "Fatty." I swallow down an insult back, and leave the kitchen. Mark slams it shut. I'm about to walk away, but I can hear them talking really clearly, even with the door shut.

"Dude, Tony found a location." Mark says excitedly.

"For the drugs, or the prostitute ring?" He asks. My eyes widen, and I cover my mouth with my hands. Don't make a sound.

"That's the best part." Mark continues. "It's big enough for both."

"Perfect." Josh says. "Now we just have to wait for the drugs."

"About that." I hear Caleb say. "McFreind's lost their suppliers."

"Wasn't it Liam's gang?" Josh asks angrily.

"Yeah." Caleb says. "When Liam found out about them allying with us, they cut off all ties with them. Drew says it will take a couple of weeks to find a new supplier."

"Shit." Josh says. "Well, we can still set up the location. How good is it?"

"I checked it out this morning." Mark continues. "It's great. Entrance is perfect, a side building for the dealing. Once we fix it up, it will be perfect."

"What about the ring?" Josh asks. "How's the progress?"

"Drew has people getting the word out, and people are excited." Brian says. "By the sound of it, important people are willing to pay. A lot. As long as the produce is good."

"How are the girls?" Josh asks, making my heart jump. Is he seriously going to do this?

"We haven't actually got anyone yet." Mark says. "We were waiting until we had a place to put them. But we have heaps of girls that we have been keeping an eye on. We can pick them up now."My blood runs cold. This is it. I can't stay here anymore. I start to back away, scared. I have to go next door. I have to get out of here. I turn around, and immediately fall down, walking into a wall of muscle. I look up to see a man that I've never seen before, glaring down at me.

"What have you been doing?"