(7)

Liam closes the door behind me. What was I thinking? They're going to kill me. I have to go back sometime. And when I do I'm dead. I look out the side window, to see they've shut the front door, and the light is on in the living room. Oh god. They will literally kill me. I'm interrupted by someone clearing their throat. I whirl around, to find Liam standing there, against the wall. 

"I have to go back." I say, reaching for the door.

"No." Liam says, blocking my way.

"I have to." I protest. "They will kill me and I can't stay here because..." I trail off, realising what I was about to stay.

"Because what?" He says grinning. "Are you scared of the big bad gang house?" 

"N-No." I say. He takes a step closer, and leans against the wall, so I'm trapped. He laughs.

"I think you are." He says. I step away, and he removes himself from the wall.

"So what am I supposed to do?" I ask, frustrated. "I can't go home right now, they're too mad."

"Stay here." He says, walking away. "Come on. I'll get you some fresh clothes, and get you some food." We walk into the kitchen, and I see Ben and some other guy sitting at the table drinking.

"Hi." Ben mumbles. "Are you ok?" 

"Yeah." I say surprised, why does he care?

"What is she doing here?" The other guy asks. He kinda scares me. He's dressed all in black, and has piercings everywhere.

"She needs a place to crash tonight." Liam says, giving me a glass of water. The guy stands up and walks out of here, after saying:

"Keep her away from me." He leaves, and Liam sits down next to me, and I follow.

"Don't mind Dean." He says. "Not too social at the best of times." Ben and him laugh, as if that was a massive understatement.

"How do you know my brother?" I ask, thinking while I'm here, I may as well get some information. Liam shoots a look at Ben before answering.

"He's a dick." He says. "A pretty little rich boy, who likes to mess around in things that are way out of his depth. He buys stuff off us, and try's to scam us. We keep him around for fun, it's quite entertaining." I nod, sounds like my brother. The idiot. "Why did you do the pick up for him yesterday?" He asks.

"He said that it was dangerous." I say bitterly.

"So he made you do it instead?" Ben laughs. "Gutless."

"But why did you do it?" Liam asks. I look at him.

"I'm his sister."

"So?"

"I-". I stop and think. "I have to. He makes me." Liam scoffs. 

"Tell him to stick it." He says.

"It's complicated." I say, raising my voice. "Can you just drop it?" He stares for awhile, then finally nods.

"If you need a place to stay," Ben says. "You won't get hurt here." 

"Oh, because your morals are so high." I snort.

"We don't hit girls." Liam spits. "Unlike some." He stands up, and gestures for me to follow him. "Come on. You must be tired." I follow him up the stairs, and we enter a room, which probably is his. He goes to a cupboard, and retrieves boxers and a shirt. "Theres a bathroom down the hall to your left." He says. I smile gratefully, and leave the room. I lock myself in the bathroom, and let out a sigh. This is to weird. Can we just go back to me getting my head swirlied, when I lived a quiet life with no attention whatsoever?

I have my shower, and get changed. Uh. I look awful. Whatever. I open the door, and immediately fall to the floor in the hallway.

"Oh my God."

"Shit!"

"You idiot."

"She's a girl."

"Good observation genius." 

I groan, and sit up. I look up to see three identical guys. Oh god I've stuffed up my vision. I stand up, and I look again. Nope, there all still there.

"Why are there three of you?" I mumble, rubbing my head. They all laugh.

"I think she's fine." One of them says. "We're triplets dude."

"Oh." I say, going red. They couldn't be older than fifteen. I think I've seen them around school. "That makes sense."

"Why are you a girl?" One blurts out.

"Dude, you can't just ask someone that!" The other says, slapping the back of his head. "What he means is who are you?"

"I'm Gemma." I say. "I live next door, I'm here with Liam." They nod, understanding. 

"Oh, you're his special friend." One giggles.

"No." I yell quickly, not like that. "He's just doing me a favour!"

"Whatever you want to call it." One of them says.

"I-" 

"He's messing with you." Ben says, as he walks out of his room. "I already told them." I look at them accusingly, and they stare back innocently. They run away, downstairs. I turn to face Ben.

"They're the triplets, Liam's little brothers. Adam, Brodie and Sam." He says.

"Oh." I say. "I think I've seen them around school." 

"Yeah, when they bother to turn up." He chuckles. He leaves, and I go back to Liam's room. He's lying on his bed, reading.

"To kill a mockingbird?" I ask, surprised.

"I can read you know." He says smirking, putting the book down.

"I didn't mean it like that." I rush.

"It's good." He says grinning. "You should learn to take a joke." I roll my eyes, and grab a pillow. "Where are you going?" He asks.

"I'm sleeping on the floor." I say.

"Don't bother." He says getting up. "I will." I look at him surprised.

"Seriously? It's your bed." 

"You know." He says, lying on the floor. "Some guys know how to treat girls. You're just not that used to it." I don't answer, I just lie down.

"You can sleep on here to, if you want." I say, surprising myself.

"Are you sure?" He asks. 

"Y-Yeah." He climbs up, and lies down next to me, leaving me space.

"Goodnight." He says, turning off the light.

"Night."