Chapter 12 - Childe [Unedited]

a/n: after this chapter im going to start making the backstory. it will most likely be in 2 parts

because of this i might not update everyday saturday

and i'll also be editing a bit :)

alr enjoy!

.

.

.

"The hour is upon us." 

Ningguang stepped forward, and 4 geo crystals started floating around her. She turned and put a hand out to the table, and the crystals flew over to the (whatever that thing is called- pot thing? idkkkk help). It glowed, and an odd tornado formed in the sky. 

You watched as it started turning black. The ground rumbled, and you took a step back, your eyes wide. 

A dragon fell out of the hole, landing on the table in a cloud of smoke. The crowd yelped and backed up. You gripped Aether's wrist. 

Everyone took looks at the limp dragon, that was unmoving.

A pit grew in your stomach as Ningguang stepped forward and crouched in front of him. She got back up after a moment and stepped back. 

Turning, she threw out a hand. "Rex Lapis has been killed! Seal the exits!" 

Millelith came pouring out, surrounding the area. You tugged on Aether's arm. "We need to get out of here." 

"Paimon agrees with y/n! They might find out your identity!" Paimon exclaimed, floating down to us.

Aether nodded, and we slipped out of the crowd. We went around the side, trying to keep away from the Millelith. 

~

You peeked around the stone, scanning the area. A gaurd was slowly walking away, his back turned. 

You nodded to Aether, and we carefully stepped out. Well.. Aether didn't really.

Crk!

A leaf snapped underneath his shoe, and the gaurd turned, spotting us. You gasped, and Aether ran forward to the stairs. You followed him, and you both jumped down the stairs as the Millelith cried out "They're here!" "Arrest them!" 

Aether stumbled a bit when landing, and you grabbed his arm, as you turned the corner, coming face to face with a group of Millelith. 

You looked back up the stairs, seeing them coming down. 

"There's nowhere to run!" The captain said, pointing his sword at us. Aether summoned his, getting ready for battle. Remembering your broken one, you summoned your bow, since you didn't want to risk breaking it even more. 

"Hey buddy, girlie, hold still-" 

You and Aether looked up to see hydro-infused arrows hit the gaurds. A ginger-haired male landed in front of you guys, holding a bow. The male stepped back, the bow turning into hydro blades, and rushed forward. It was a blur of water as the Millelith were all knocked unconscious. 

The male stood up, the blades disappearing. 

"Stop! Stop!" 

We looked up to see yet another group coming from the stairs. The ginger looked at us, tilting his head in a direction. "Come with me." 

You and Aether shared a look, and you nodded. Aether looked at Paimon, and we ran after the guy. 

~

"Phew.. Paimon's exhausted!" She exclaimed. 

"What muscles are required to float around?" Aether deadpanned, and you snickered.