Chapter 28 - cant think of a title lol

i've found my inspiration after farming for primos

so lets fucking get into it 

.

.

.

"Right on time," Zhongli greeted. "I myself only arrived moments ago. Did you enjoy your visit to the Jade Chamber?"

"It was so biiiig. And preeetty. And expensive! Paimon's never seen such a fancy-schmancy place before!" Paimon exclaimed. 

"Indeed. It's second to none in all of Liyue. Then you met with Ningguang, I trust? What did you talk about with her?"

"She's super rich and so generous, Paimon thinks she's very friendly!" 

"Business people are always 'friendly' when it suits their interests." Aether reminded her. You nodded in agreement.

 "Yeah, they're take on Ningguang is quite different from Paimon's. They think that even the tactless Yuheng is more trustworthy than her!" 

"I mostly just like her attitude, but not the opinion." You mumbled. 

"Oh, so you also met with Keqing, then? What did she have to say?" Zhongli questioned. 

"She said, 'The time of the adepti has long passed. If even the Liyue Qixing don't want to face that truth, then what future is there for Liyue?'" You recounted, crossing your arms. "And more about the adepti." 

"Heh, yes, no respect for the divine." Zhongli agreed. "Indeed, contrary to the ever-bold Keqing, Ningguang is more of a businesswoman at heart, though they are both member of the Qixing. Although she's friendly, there's no way of clearly discerning her true intentions." 

"Ningguang is highly intelligent," Aether agreed.

"And ambitious," You added. 

"Yes, she has only relied on herself to rise to her current position. No ordinary person could ever achieve that." Zhongli stated. "It's said that she's the one behind the constant expansion of the Jade Chamber, it's the second most important thing to her. Even if she ever gave up the position of Tianquan, she would never give up the Jade Chamber." 

"The Jade Chamber is only second?" Paimon exclaimed. "What's the most important thing to her then?"

Zhongli looked over at Paimon, with a look you couldn't really discern. "Why, Mora, of course." 

"Makes sense," Aether conceded. 

"All Ningguang talked about was the Fatui this and the Fatui that... she said that after Rex Lapis was murdered, the Fatui have constantly been trying to sink their fingers into Liyue and that they aren't to be trusted." Paimon noted. 

"That is how the Fatui have always been. It doesn't surprise me in the least." Zhongli said.

"Same," You agreed. "And now they're trying to reproduce the Sigil of Permission." 

Zhongli thought about that. "No matter what they may be planning, you must be careful when dealing with the Fatui. Always be on your guard." 

"So, is there anything we need to get for the Rite of Parting in Dihua Marsh?" Paimon finally asked. 

"Yes, as a matter of fact, there is. Today we'll be gathering wild Glaze Lilies." 

~

Once we found a glaze lily, you and Paimon both looked at Aether. 

"It's time to sing. Whenever you're ready!" Paimon said eagerly. You held up a thumbs-up in support.

Aether cleared his throat. "♪...♪♪♪♪...♪♪♪♪...♪...♪!"