Chapter 22 - Zhongli [Edited]

guys im still having major writer's block-

so im sorryyyy

but i got this chapter out

also there's an a/n at the end so read it, it's importanttt

and there's sort of a spoiler for those who haven't completed the liyue story quests

then again these are all spoilers-

.

.

.

"Welcome, Traveler, friend of Childe." Ekaterina said. She was the receptionist at the Northland Bank. "And congratulations on the first day of your illustrious career with the Fatui."

"I don't consider Childe a friend," Aether said coldly.

"And we're not part of the Fatui," You added, crossing your arms.

Ekaterina laughed. "You sound remarkably sure of yourself... remember, we are mere mortals - our ideas are fluid like water. Only the Tsaritsa truly has a will as solid as the permafrost."

"A stupid will at that," You muttered under your breath.

"But back to the matter at hand. Childe tells me that he has upheld his end of your agreement."

"What agreement?" Paimon asked. "Oh, the thing about him helping us find a guy?"

"Correct. Childe promised he would find someone to break the stalemate. And the Harbingers do not break their promises lightly."

"Ah." You said, blankly. "Where is that guy, anyway?"

"Childe is currently at Liuli Pavilion." Ekaterina answered.

"Liuli Pavilion?" Aether said, confused.

"Ooh, ooh, Paimon knows this one!" Paimon exclaimed.

Paimon launched into a whole speech about the two styles of cooking in Liyue - Li style and Yue style. You zoned out, bored, your mind drifting to other people.

You snapped back when Aether sighed, saying, "Trust you to only know these sorts of things..."

"Don't talk to Paimon like that! Anyway, Paimon's hungry. Let's get moving!"

You all went out of the bank, walking down the stairs, trying to catch up with the giddy Paimon. We ran over to where Childe was standing.

"Aha, you made it." He greeted. "As promised, I have found someone who can help you. Someone who can solve the mystery of why the Liyue Qixing would hide the Geo Archon's vessel."

"So where is he?" Paimon asked. "In Liuli Pavilion?"

"He certainly is." Childe exclaimed. "Come, I'll introduce you."

~

We followed Childe, walking over to the Pavilion. Some guy bowed to us. "Welcome back, sir. You honor us with your patronage."

He turned giving us room to walk. "Mr. Zhongli is awaiting your arrival in the room you booked."

You frowned slightly, following him in. That name sounded familiar.

Walking down a hallway, we rounded a corner, where Childe waved hi. You followed behind Aether, eyes flicking around the room, before settling on the man sitting at the head of the table. You eyes widened, and you stopped for a second.

Realizing that he was probably trying to keep his identity a secret, so you quickly walked in, standing behind Aether. Zhongli gestured for us to sit down, his eyes fixed on you.

You walked to the other side of the table, sitting down at the chair opposite of Aether. Childe cleared his throat. "Allow me to introduce Mr. Zhongli, consultant to an organization known as Wangsheng... and a trusted associate of the Fatui."

"Associate of the Fatui?" You asked, raising an eyebrow at Zhongli - or better known to you, as Morax.

"Indeed." Childe answered. "Wangsheng's line of work can be sensitive at times. Let's just say they understand when discretion is needed. And we, the Fatui, have always been glad to do business with friends who walk in the shadows."

.

.

.

IM SORRY GUYS I JUST COULDNT- MY WRITERS BLOCK IS TERRIBLE

also im rlly having trouble on how the 'love' storyline is going to go so uh i need your help

please vote below on who you want her to get together with

venti

xiao

albedo (there's going to be more albedo scenes in the story, so they'll have enough time to interact and get to know each other)

aether

also, im starting to write another story - its a fanfiction about keeper of the lost cities

i'll tell you guys when i publish it

so my mind is mostly occupied with that idea, and i really need to write it down, so this chapter MIGHT be the only update this weekend

(Edit: i deleted it-)

srry guys D:

byee love u <3