Chapter 24 - Vigilant Yaksha

WINTER BREAK IS HERE AND IM DYING IM LEGIT SO HAPPY

many chapters will be posted these next few weeks

also the majority of votes went to our fav yaksha bb

ik a lot of people were wanting venti when i asked you guys towards the beginning of the book, but i was thinking at 11 pm at night, and i thought that xiao and y/n would have an interesting relationship

so please dont give me hate :(

enjoy the VERY long chapter!

.

.

.

Third Person POV

Verr Goldet signed another paper, setting it onto the stack of completed orders. She sighed, sliding the stack into a drawer.

A gust of wind blew around the lobby, making her look up. The Vigilant Yaksha was standing in the center, panting slightly. In his arms was an unconscious girl, with black strands of hair plastered to her face. Blood soaked the clothes around her stomach. She seemed vaguely familiar.

"Who-" Verr started, but was immediately cut off by Xiao.

"Patch her up, then bring her to the balcony," He ordered, and Verr went around the desk to take the girl from his arms. Xiao disappeared after, and Verr quickly took the girl to a vacant room.

Back to y/n's POV for a short time

You opened your eyes.

You were back in the Stars of Euthymia.

You placed a hand against your abdomen, feeling nothing. Right, you can't be injured in your own mind.

"I need to show you something," A voice - Lunaria's - echoed around you. You glanced around, seeing her nowhere.

The starry surroundings slowly faded, and you stumbled backward as the ground rumbled. The stars beneath you faded into snowy grass. Soft snow was littered all across the area.

Looking up, you were most likely on Dragonspine - or the past mountain. There weren't any snowstorms, and the sky was regularly cloudy with snow falling gently.

The scene shifted, time seemingly passing in front of you. You were moved to a cavern that had a deep red glow, with a deep beating sounding in your ears. A red-purple heart was attached to the cavern's wall.

In front of the heart, on the soil, was a circular platform. Littered around it were stone chunks, and a lump on top of the platform. You went closer to it, spotting a broken off hand holding a crescent moon in the palm.

A head was lying beside platform, a few pieces chipped off. It was the face of a woman with a hood on, a serene smile on her lips.

You.

A voice resonated around the cavern. "This is the Statue of the Seven that resides on Dragonspine, next to the corrupted heart of Durin."

"When the Choice comes, you will be teleported here, and the Dagger will appear before you. You can choose to die and disappear or repair the Statue. It will be the only Cynthis Archon statue in the mainland of Teyvat."

The area around you was sucked into a hole, and you felt yourself get pulled there as well. White light shown all around you.

Pain immediately throbbed in your abdomen, and you winced, prying your eyes open. You stared up at a wooden ceiling, and moved your hand to feel gently around your stomach. You felt thick cloth- no, bandages, wrapped around. Moving your head up, you peered down. A bit of red peeked through the white material.