Chapter 32 - Contracts

hello <3

im back after a much-needed break

updates will still be incredibly slow since i have busy schedules

here's a long chapter for you guys as some content

love you guys and thank you so much for 70k reads!!

.

.

.

(The next part is at the Northland Bank, skipping the part in front of the wangsheng funeral parlor)

As the three of you entered the bank, angry shouting trailed to your ears.

A dry chuckle followed shortly after. "Don't take it to heart, Childe. Besides, aren't you happy that you got to skip the formalities and bring chaos to the land? I'm sure you must've enjoyed that."

The woman speaking then shifted her ice blue gaze to the door. "Oh, it seems that some of your friends have arrived."

"Hey, it's Zhongli and Childe! And... you! You're also one of the Harbingers..." Paimon gasped.

"Signora." Aether seethed, narrowing his eyes.

"Hehe, it's you two. I believe we've met once before... In the city of Bards, was it? I'm gald you still remember my name. And you." Signora looked at you, a small smirk on her face. You stared back at her, gritting your teeth. "I knew that incompetent boy couldn't contain you,"

You forced a smile. "That makes two of us."

She narrowed her eyes again, then decided to play more with Aether. "Ah, right. I imagine that must have been rather hard to forget watching helplessly as something precious was snatched away from you and your friend."

Your grey eyes flicked to Aether, who was barely holding it in. You reached over slightly, brushing a gloved hand on his arm to reassure him. It seemed to help, as he released a small breath.

"Don't let her get to you, Aether," You muttered.

"Yeah, you've yet to gather the powers of all eight elements, and our last battle at the Golden House was almost more than you could handle..." Paimon agreed. "So it might be best to keep things peaceful this time, seeing that two of the Harbingers are here."

"Well if it isn't Aether and Y/n." An annoying voice cut in. "This is our first time seeing each other since Liyue was nearly wiped off the map. This is certainly a bit... awkward, wouldn't you say?"

Paimon huffed. "Paimon knew that we should never have trusted a Fatui Harbinger!"

"Aw, now don't say that. Sure, I may have misled you, but I never had anything against you personally..." Childe shrugged. "Besides, I thought we were getting along quite well together, didn't you? Except for those little tussles we had... hehe. Nothing personal, we just have... different views, that's all. Of course, you may very well hold this against me, but that's up to you. The real deceivers here are Signora and Zhongli... curse them for leading me on."

"Signora and Zhongli?" Aether asked, confused.

"So actually, I think-"

"Stop wasting time, Childe." Signora snapped, rolling her eyes. "There'll be plenty of time to chat once I'm through here."

She then turned to Zhongli. "You remember the agreement, Morax. Now, if you would be so kind... The Gnosis, please."

"Agreement?" You asked. At the same time, Aether said "Gnosis?"

"What in the world are you talking about!?" Paimon exclaimed.

Zhongli sighed. "The contract is fulfilled. That which thou seeketh is now bestowed unto thee, for my promise is solid as stone."