Chapter 15 - Power and Past [pt 2] [Unedited]

.

.

.

"So, when you say 'the memories will come flowing back'..." You said slowly. "You mean that?" 

Lunaria nodded. "Correct." 

She sighed. "Alright, topic change. You must reach your full power before the Choice. Let's start off small." 

Lunaria reached a hand out, hovering it above your forehead. "Close your eyes." 

You complied, and felt a spark of power. A few images squeezed out, and you watched a specific fighting technique, and one type of power burst. 

Opening your eyes, you found yourself standing in a training arena. ( kinda like the plane of euthymia [sorry for any spoils-] ) You were holding your sword, with Lunaria sitting on a tall pillar. 

"Try your new skills in the Hoshi no Heimen." 

Pillars of light erupted all around you, summoning different hilichurls. They yelled gibberish and waved their clubs, running forward. 

Twisting your sword, you dashed forward, remembering those skills that you had seen. You swept your sword across you, then flashed to the back of them and thrust forward, stabbing them from the back. 

Turning to the side, you threw your sword into the shield of a mitachurl, and ran forward, forming a shining star in your hand. Gripping it, you flung your hand forward, the star multiplying and hitting the 2 mitalchurls in the mask and chest. They stumbled backwards and fell back, all the dead foes disappearing into blue dust.

(help i suck at battle writing-)

You stood straight, letting your sword disappear. 

"Well done." 

You looked behind you to see Lunaria floating back down, her grey eyes watching you with kindness. 

"That is all that I have to share with you tonight. You may return tomorrow, at the same time. And you might want to get back to the Traveler - he's a bit worried." 

Your sight started to turn blurry, and you felt your mind being pulled out of the Stars of Euthymia. 

~~~

Opening your eyes, you uncrossed your legs and floated back down onto the small boulder you had been sitting on. Looking around, you noticed you were alone.

Until you were tackled by a hug.

"PAIMON THOUGHT SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!" Paimon screeched, small body somehow shoving you to the ground. You landed on the sand, trying to catch your breath. 

"Paimon- let her breath-" A nervous voice said, and you looked over to Aether who was standing behind the boulder. 

Paimon reluctantly floated off, and Aether offered his hand. You accepted, and he pulled you up. You brushed some sand off your skirt, and adjusted your gloves. 

"So, uh, what was that?" 

~ (time skip bc i can't think of anything. basically just explained that it would be happening every night) ~

You and Aether packed up the camping supplies once the sun came up, and began walking to Wangshu Inn again. Paimon chattered away, and we occasionally joined in on the conversation. 

We got to the Inn, and took the elevator up. Walking up to the balcony, we checked outside. 

"He's not here?" Paimon asked. Aether scratched his head and walked to the railing. 

Aether leaned onto the post, looking out over Liyue. You joined him, placing a gloved hand on the arch and breathing in the crisp breeze. Birds flew overhead. But you did get a sad feeling from it. 

"To the blind, everything may not be as it appears." 

You both turned and flinched, seeing a shorter male with teal highlights in his hair. He looked over at us, golden eyes flicking over our entire bodies. 

Xiao looked at you in the eyes, cold cover slightly breaking when he recognized you. But he quickly recovered and turned his body to us. 

"A Sigil of Permission? Hmph, you came prepared." He crossed his arms. "Though this only prevents me from hurting you myself. Doesn't stop you from getting hurt in other ways." 

"Uhh.. Paimon doesn't get it..." 

"Too much contact with our world is breaking the rules. Mortal souls are not as robust as those of adepti, nor can your blood carry this level of adeptal energy." He stared at you. "The exception for you, of course." 

He seemed really cold towards you - actually, scratch that, he's cold to everyone. But you guess colder than he would be, since you could tell that usually he's nicer to the Cynthis Archons. 

You opened your mouth to ask something, but decided not to bring Aether into it and stayed silent. 

"It's for your own good. Leave. Now." Xiao said, and disappeared into wind. 

Paimon started rambling about how she was annoyed at him, but you blanked out, trying to think of what might've happened. 

Paimon finally said that we should ask the boss lady of the inn about him, so we went downstairs, and came to the front desk. 

We had a chat, and Verr Goldet - the boss - recommended trying to lure him out with Almond Tofu. She also said to give him another dish. 

We went to the kitchen, to see...

A transparent little girl. 

Paimon yelped, and we watched it run across and through a wall.

"What the-" 

.

.

.

so i kinda went on and added our bb xiao scene

the next chapter will continue this