Chapter 3

Cana Pov

I looked at him leaving with Bill his fluffy exceed. I let out a dreamy sigh and smiled softly before I heard some metal plates rustling. "Cana, where are you looking at?" She asked and I turned to her with a content smile, I knew it was Erza as her armor always makes that distinct clacking when she walked.

"Oh its just Y/n he's new to the guild and a dragon slayer." I said and she looked past me curiously before a smirk tugged on her lips. "I've never seen you look at another guy like that." She said grinning at me smugly. "Are you looking for one." She smirked and I felt my cheeks lightly flush red.

"No, he looks good I give him that but its not like I look out for a guy to have a relationship with." I replied hastily and she gave me that doubtful look. "Uhu and my name is not Erza Scarlet." She said still with a pleased smirk.

I let out a scoff. "Oh please like I wouldn't see your panties drop whenever someone mentions Jellal." I replied snickering pointing at her and her face turned redder then a tomato.

I knew I hit the nail on the head as everyone in our guild knew about her crush on him but she kept on saying its not as big as they think. it was bigger then everything I've ever seen, someone only has to mention him and she's going to be thinking of him and almost drooling of his body. She walked away her face hidden by her arms. We loved to tease the girls of the guild about their crushes.

I smiled and made my way to Levy who sat in the guild over some books and wrote them down. She frequently gets books from Makarov to translate into our common language.

I called out for her and she looked up to me smiling. "Levy I need your help on something its about this ancient language that I cannot understand, it was on a wall in an underground building." I said and levy then grabbed the paper smiling happily. "Sure Cana it wont take long hopefully." She said and began to read it while I sat down across her with a wine bottle.

She gave up after just a few minutes of reading it and sighed in defeat. I placed down the bottle and gave her a worried look. "What's wrong?" I asked in wonder. "This language is not known to me Cana, but I think I've seen letters like these in ruins that are at least 400 years old if not more and those ruins are tied to an old kingdom well into the past even before Fiore was founded if memory serves me right it was called Dragion or Dragnof or something, I've only found it named in an old book somewhere in the archive of our guild a few years ago." She said and handed me the paper back.

"Thanks anyway even if it isn't much we can at least do something with it, the place we were at even smelled like a dragon from what Y/n said." I replied and Levys eyes grew wide.

"You don't mean there is another dragon like Acnologia around." She gasped and I shrugged. "I have no clue and even if there was we have a handful of dragon slayers to beat him with." I said and she slouched down on the seat.

I turned to leave and was immediately presented with my father hugging me tightly. I gasped as he almost forced all the air out of my lungs. "Its my little girl Cana, come lets have some father daughter time." He pleaded and I sighed, I pushed him off me. "Dad, I have to do something, I found something during my last request which is interesting me and Y/n as it has to do with dragons." I said and he let go of me with a look of shock.

"Who's Y/n? Your boyfriend?" He asked and I immediately, facepalmed. "No, he's a new guild member, we just got back from our first quest as a team." I replied and looked at him as he was still doubting my answer." Fine but I will have a close talk with him soon." He said and narrowed his eyes on me.

I sighed and then smiled. "I know you worry for me dad but I promise there is nothing between us, at least not now." I replied and he gave me a dumbstruck look before bolting out spouting that he's going to have a talk. "What did I say wrong?" I murmured and sat down on a table.