Chapter 12

Y/n Pov

Taking in the fresh morning air of the day I calmly walked to the edge of town. I got the directions where Irene lived from Mirajane, even tough I probably wouldn't have needed it as Irene's home seemed to be pretty obvious from afar as I could see it from the guild across the town on a hill in front of a lush forest. Erza told me it was just as far away as the dorm and Irene could not stand a small room as she also used to do research on magic which took a lot of space with her books and experiments that's why she has a two story house and a large cellar.

I heard someone walk towards me and turned to see Cana heading for me, she didn't wear her usual bikini and cargo shorts with sandals but a more modest clothing attire, shoes a blouse and a skirt right to her knees. Bill jumped up and greeted her. "Morning Y/n I hope you slept well." She stated smiling at me and I nodded. "I did and you seem to be well rested too." I replied and she softly smiled. "Well after yesterdays punishment I was exhausted, I dropped on the bed and fell asleep right away." She replied and I let out a sigh. "Well, who of us could know he would humiliate us so much, at least we learned our lesson to not steal a job request, we had to clean the whole archive on our own." I replied and she nodded. "Poor Wendy was pulled into it and Irene just sat there drinking tea while observing us." Cana stated and we both groaned from it.

I looked at the path in front it was covered with stones and flowers left and right. Right behind that was a meadow with apple trees and berry bushes. Her home atop of the hill came into our view and it looked cozy and warm, the lights were on. Her home had flowers all around the front yard and I wondered how she could have this amazing home. "Wow Irene didn't lie when she told us give a woman a house and she'll turn it into a home." I awed and Cana chuckled. "That's Irene for you, she's very passionate about her home and you'll see something interesting for sure." Cana replied and I knocked on the door.

Seconds later I heard someone come to the door opening it. Irene stood in it with an apron on and a happy smile on her face. "Good morning Y/n and Cana, I'm so happy to see you, come in." She said and we walked inside. I noticed Wendy sit at a table and even Erza sat there eating. "Morning guys." Wendy said and ate her breakfast that consisted of fruits cereals and milk. "Right I forgot to mention it but Erza and Wendy live here. I asked both to live with me as I'm their mother and Wendy has much more freedom here then in the dorm. I couldn't stand Erza sleeping in a bed with all her armors around so now she's using it as a place to store them and sleeps here." She explained and I looked to see Erza wear a princess stile dress with a wide skirt part. She shifted around nervously before looking at Irene shyly. "Mother I got a message from Jellal he wanted to see me today, could I shift the lesson to tomorrow, please." Erza asked timidly and Irene smiled while placing her hands on her hips. "Erza you know how important it is to know your birth magic, your enchanting magic is out of this world. You are not as capable as Wendy in terms of how to use it but your basic attacks have tenfold the power and are already close to mine, it took me several years from when I was 6 to 12 to come to the same as you in a few months, I can set you free for today Erza but only in the morning. You need to come back at midday to study the enchantments and practice them after." Irene replied sternly and Erza jumped up happily. "Thank you mother, I love you." She exclaimed hugging her and headed for the door closing it behind.

A happy sigh escaped Irene while she gazed at the door placing her hand on the front of her chest. "Being a mother is more rewarding then I ever thought, if I only knew it before I would not have left Erza alone." She spoke calmly and smiled softly. Two other girls appeared from the second floor in maid uniforms. "Irene we prepared what you wanted." The blonde one spoke quickly. 

Irene turned to her. "Good Juliet, Y/n, Cana these are Heine and Juliet two enchanted swords, I have another project which is to create a newborn that can grow up into an adult with emotions like a real human, the enchantment has been one of the hardest to create as I have to make so many variables, I truly want to make it seem like a real baby that has to be nurtured to grow up but the challenge is exciting, these two are a little dull as they only have two emotional states one is happy while the other is more stoic." She stated and began to walk with us behind her. "Oh and Wendy I prepared a book for you, its in your room at the desk." She hastily added and I smiled at her. "Haven't you thought of getting a husband, you know someone who helps you give the correct values to Wendy and Erza." I asked and Irene blushed faintly. "I did some quests with Gildarts and we understand each other but I don't know if he would even be interested in me." She replied calmly but I could hear her nervously beating heart.