Chapter 38

Irene Pov

I touched my lips slowly like I couldn't believe he just kissed me and it was all a dream. My knees wanted to give in but I tried to stand as strong as I could. A gentle touch on my temple made me look back up to him. "Gildarts." I whispered out and began to blush madly again after our kiss which was filled with so much passion, love and tenderness. My eyes were getting wet and he smiled softly down at me. "Yeah I love you so what? I love your awkward behavior, I love your interest in history and I love how you treat everyone with kindness, even when you suffered so much you still see the good in everyone." He stated and whipped my tears away. He took my hand between his.

This was the man I wanted from the begin. Strong, compassionate. Cares about his friends and family and doesn't treat me like just a toy to have fun with. He was the second I've let close to me. But how many had he been with? 

"Did you really doubt a second that I wouldn't love you? That I'd reject you?" He asked raising an eyebrow and I could hear it clearly. His voice sounded angry and a bit disappointed, maybe at himself or at me. I nodded slowly. "Yeah I did, I'm not nearly as confident as I make it look like." I replied and he scoffed loudly before a light chuckle came out. "Well you are wrong about that because this big and clumsy idiot fell for you." He stated and pointed with his finger right at my chest where my heart is. "Don't ever doubt yourself Irene, because I don't. You may not be the rough and confident woman you used to be before your death but that's in the past. You can live your life to its fullest now with Fairy Tail and be by my side." He stated and stretched his hand out to me. "Lets go down to the bonfire they made extra for you." He added and I placed my hand in his.

Although he didn't wear a gala uniform or a nobleman's attire his clothes were still neat and tidy. "I'll be delighted to have a dance by the bonfire with you." I replied giggling while he pulled me with him slowly.

"Now that's what I call a love confession Irene!" Cana stated loudly and threw her mug up in the air which was empty thankfully. Y/n caught it with ease looking a little annoyed at it. "I really never heard such a smooth love confession." He said and Bill nodded. "Must be from all those romance novels she's reading." She chuckled and my cheeks burned up instantly.

The whole palace made their way out to the main plaza right in front of the statue. My mother stood right behind above the statue where steps lead down to it. "Belserion would you be so kind?" She asked and he nodded placing his hand on his temple and she grabbed his hand. "Citizens of Dragnof I'm talking to you through telepathy. This day is to celebrate my first child's 10th birthday and as a strange occurrence her older version time traveled back into the past." 

I waved at the people with my right hand as my left was held by Gildarts. I got a lit torch handed by Belserion. "Its your honor." I said and looked at him. I stared at the unlit pile of wood before I got an I idea. "Mini me." I called out and immediately felt a glare at me which made me shudder a little. "Lets set it on fire together shall we?" I asked smiling down and she puffed her cheeks up. Staying silent she held her hand up holding the torch with me.  

We the fire spread over the whole pile as the small flame connected with the wood consuming every bit of the exposed wood leaving nothing but a giant flame shooting into the sky. "Happy Birthday Princess." All the people who gathered yelled at the same time which caught me of guard making my ears ring. "So how old are you adult me?" She asked in wonder placing her hands on her hips. I paled a little. "I've got no idea actually." I replied embarrassed and Belserion laughed a little. "She's older then she looks." he yelled and ducked down as my mother had a swing at him. "It wasn't directed at you your majesty!" He yelled and my father laughed. "Drink, eat and be merry everyone." He shouted and walked right up to the two of us. He grinned at me happily while placing both his hands on my shoulders. "So how long will you stay Irene, will you be here longer then you need?" He asked and I shrugged looking away for a moment. "I don't know, I'd want to go back as quickly as I can back to my time. But staying here it feels really nice." I replied and he nodded. "You'll always be welcome here if you do end up somehow here again." He stated and took me into a bone crushing hug making me gasp out. "Dad you are breaking my bones." I whined, he let go of me. "I'm sorry it must be my magic." He stated and his hand lit up into a yellow color. He used a kind of power enhancing magic which allowed him to lift things normal people could never do. He lifted Dragnofs strongest battleship out of the water which was a 100 meters long.