Chapter 27

Y/n Pov

I stared at the queen of Fiore while she sat down on the head of the table and the seven of us right around it. "What's with the purple haired child? Is this Irene's daughter?" Hisui asked and I turned around to see Irene lightly blush. "No, we found this child at a bandit camp and its an urgent mater of importance, we wanted to contact you but something came in between." She stated and Hisui leaned forward. "I'm listening." She replied with a raised eyebrow.

"This child is the Shoguns daughter." Irene said and Hisui's face dropped from a smile to one of utter shock. "How did she get here?" She asked and looked over at the smiling child. "That's still a mystery we do not know how." Cana replied and leaned back on the seat. 

Hisui's eyes were glued on the child and she motioned Irene to come closer. "Can you tell something about the kid and how I'm supposed to help." She asked and Irene nodded. "The child name is Makoto and if we don't get her back soon to her homeland we'd risk a war with the Shogun." She said and placed her hands on the table. Hisui placed a hand on her chin. "The only thing I know about Japan is there is no way we'd get inside without being caught, its a closed nation. Our chances of getting her back are none and if the Shogun finds her we are in a war." She said and Hisui gulped down a lump.

She let out a light huff. "I wanted to keep out of anything that's not a direct problem of my people but I think diplomacy is needed in order to solve this. "I will write a letter to the Shogun and the answer will come in a week or two." She replied and Irene nodded. "If a conflict arises then please let me talk with the Shogun, I know her and I might be able to stop a possible war in the last moment." 

I crossed my arms and looked at the map noticing a dragon head on one part of the map. This is where the thing Hisui spoke of should be. Could this be another tomb of the past? It would be the first time we'd enter one with Irene.

My adoptive parents are archaeologists and my favorite past time was looking at all the old maps they had in their office at home. That and to eagerly await being a big brother to my now 10 year old sister. I wonder how they are doing right now. I should try to visit them after the games as soon as possible.

"Hey Y/n are you here." I got taken out of my thoughts by Cana who stood in front of me smiling. "You've been staring at me a bit." She added and I looked away. "I just spaced out." I replied and she smiled teasingly. "Hisui was about to explain to us what we need to do." Cana stated and I looked over to Hisui who nodded. "Yes, the six of you would need to go down to the door and go inside whatever hides behind it. From our own research and knowledge it is supposed to be an ancient underground temple. What's behind it is not known to us but from the size of the door it could be anything, even the remains of dead dragons." She stated and I looked over to Irene.

"Mother you've been awfully quiet this whole time aren't you going to say something?" Erza asked and Irene looked up from the map. "I was thinking about what could be under there. During Dragnof's time a lot of temples had been build, well over a hundred through all of Fiore and some outside of it. In fact we are standing over the remains of my former palace which got destroyed during that time and the door you saw was the underground palace, in which we stored almost everything regarding the war, if we go down there its very likely we'd have a hard time." She stated and Jellal got impatient.

"What will we find down there Irene." He asked and she turned to him. "We will find weapons with enchantments on them, gems, gold and the biggest non living army you'd ever see." She stated and we all looked over to her. Every single one of us had a blank face.

I gulped down a lump from the last words she said. Enemies which are neither alive nor dead. "Irene are we going to fight against zombies?" Erza had asked and I noticed her face going pale as a ghost.