Chapter 29

Y/n Pov

I couldn't understand where this woman lived that Irene wanted to meet but we went on a long walk with currently 3 days on foot and camping on the side of the road. We didn't even have tends. The interesting part was my parents lived in the next village ahead. "We are almost there only five minutes more to walk." Irene stated and Cana let out a sigh. "Finally, it feels like we have been walking for ages." She whined and Gildarts gave her a pat on the back. "Quit whining, we almost made it or should I give you a piggy back ride?" He asked grinning wide and Cana shoved him away. "No I'm not a little girl." She yelled stomping her foot and he laughed.

"Now, now Cana no need to throw a tantrum." Irene calmly stated and Cana grew a beet red face. "Stop treating me like a child." She pouted and I giggled. "You too?" She asked and slouched down in defeat. "Oh come on, I just liked how you acted, it was kinda cute." I replied and she let out a light surprised squeak.

"That's the village up ahead." Irene stated and I stopped at her side. "Irene this village is my home village but I've never heard of someone called Anna living here." I said and she stared at me nonchalant. "Well that's because she likes to keep a low profile and only recently moved there." She replied and we walked towards the entrance of the village.

It was a typical self sustaining village where all of the people had their own field and helped each other to collect their crops. Everyone knew each other and the children all grew up together, there were at least 7 other kids like me and I wonder if the number has grown since I moved away a few months ago, last time I heard some had to be expecting.

I looked over to Irene who had a beaming smile. "You seem to be happy." I said and she nodded. "Well its rare to see a village where people are living on their own and of the land. This small village is living like nature intended them to be with their parents and children under one roof." She said and I raised an eyebrow.

"How is that natural?" I asked in wonder and she chuckled. "400 years ago farmers where the norm with over 80% of the population in my kingdom who lived on their own and sold crops and self-made goods into the main town for others to use. These farmers had large homes the size of my mansion but for several generations at the same time. It wasn't uncommon to have 4 bedrooms and they weren't poor either like some would think." She said and then raised her hand." The point is if you leave them on their own they will always go back to exactly this, the whole family living under one roof in one large home, the men working the fields and the women raising the children, its natural and trying to fight it would only destabilize it." She added and moved her hands to the side. 

"This village is the prime example of what happens when you leave them on their own and my whole kingdom was a place of freedom and economical prosperity." Irene exclaimed and we got stopped my one of the village people. "Y/n is that you?" I heard a girl ask and I looked in front past Cana and Irene.  

She had brown shoulder blade length hair and gave me a happy smile. I raised an eyebrow for a moment before it finally clicked. "Miku?" I asked and she nodded eagerly, welcome back oniichan, its been a while." the young teenager stated and she looked to all of the others. "Are these your friends?" She asked and I smiled nodding slowly. "Yes, they are my guild mates." I stated and she jumped at me with a hug. 

"Mom and dad are gonna be so happy to see you but. . ." She said and stopped looking away. Her reaction got me worried and I gripped her shoulder tightly startling her. "Did something happen?" I asked worriedly and she shook her head in a no. "No nothing bad to worry about." She quickly said and got free from me. 

She turned around and took off running. "Hey wait up." I yelled and she laughed in the distance. I stared in disbelieve at my little sister who ran away. I sighed and turned to the group. "Guys can we have a detour please." I asked and Irene gave me a short glance. She turned fully to me now. "What are you waiting, after her." She yelled and we all started to run.