Chapter 13

Cana Pov

A gentle breeze swept over the garden making the flowers bend eastwards. I searched for Y/n while holding a glass in my hand which Irene had given me before going out. I was worried a bit but Irene reassured me everything was alright with him. I had no idea how she can know a persons state so well, maybe its because she is a mother and when you have a child you gain an ability that makes you sense the feelings of a person? I shook my head in a no while letting out a soft chuckle, something like reading a persons feelings doesn't exist it has to be experience. I heard a gentle whisper a bit further away, I peered around the side of house and headed saw him.

He sat on a bench with his back turned to me. He seemed to look into the distance, lost in his thoughts. "Hey Y/n are you alright?" I asked gently and placed my hand slowly on his shoulder. I knotted my eyebrows up in worry when he didn't say anything but only a small nod came from him.

I quickly sat beside him grabbing him slowly by the chin looking right up to his face. That's when I noticed how deep he was in his mind and let go of him. I placed the glass in his hand which he then held tightly. "Do you want to tell me what's on your mind?" I asked slowly not knowing what to do.

"I basically know nothing of my early life, I did not know where I'm from nor if my mother ever gave me this name, my foster dragon always called me that and now I know my father and my mother are both from a kingdom 400 years in the past, both dead but it just doesn't add up to how I'm here." He replied silently and took a sip from the glass looking into the distance. "I feel like I don't even belong here, like I'm not supposed to live in this age but in the past." He stated and I clenched my hand tightly.

I stared at him in shock while shaking my head. "What are you saying Y/n? You belong here with us, you belong to Fairy Tail and you belong at my side as a team partner." I said and grabbed his shoulders tightly. I did not like the turn it took with him. "I've heard Erza say this too when her whole world had collapsed around her, everything she thought of how she was born had been wrong all along, a girl that lost both parents who likely were just some farmers killed by bandits, raised in a small rural village turns out to be the descendant of the greatest queen ever to live who's in countless children's books depicted as a loving mother. To say Erza was shocked is taking it lightly she had a small identity crisis when Irene told her the story again as Erza hadn't listened, she didn't eat a single strawberry cake until she processed it all, she was the freaking princess of Dragnof, a nation no one knows where it is except Irene and she's taking it to the grave. I don't want you to do the same and shut yourself away Y/n." I said and let go of him slowly.

He gave me a small smile. "It's ok I'm just a bit confused on it, but I'm certain it will make sense." He replied and stood up slowly. "Thanks for the water, I really needed it to calm down." He replied and smiled softly at me.

I waved it off smiling as well. "Its nothing, Irene said it would help you." I quickly exclaimed and stood up too walking right next to him back to Irene.

I searched for Irene around her home before I heard some light cursing upstairs. "I've got nothing to wear for the ball!" An enraged voice boomed through the halls which got us to cover behind an edge. "Mama are you ok? Why are you yelling." A voice asked which we didn't know. Y/n turned to me looking confused. "Wait does Irene have another kid besides Erza?" He asked puzzled and I thought too.

I placed my hand under the chin. "Not that I'm aware of." I replied and walked to the room with Y/n as we were both curious to why someone called Irene mama. Did she make some other enchantments?

We slowly peered around the corner of the door seeing Wendy sit on the large bed bed while Irene stood at the door of her walk in dresser. "Wendy my little one everything is alright mama is just a little furious that she doesn't have anything for the job request I'm going to." Irene stated happily and pat Wendy's head.