Chapter 30

Y/n Pov

We all waved at my family as we wanted to go search for Anna. We will go back to them as my mother had asked us to stay for dinner. We do not have enough beds but there was an Inn they could sleep at with a bathhouse. From what Irene said she had to live here in this village. "So where does she live?" I asked and Irene pointed down to the street to a home not larger then the others. "She's living right there." She stated and we walked down the path between the old apple trees I used to climb up as a child.

"Why did she move out here in the middle of nowhere?" I asked and Irene shrugged. "I don't know you'd have to ask her." She replied keeping her eyes on the house in silence. "I can answer it, she's the teacher of this village, Lucy and her are related." Erza chimed in and I jumped up a little from the surprise. "Really, I never thought about Lucy having someone with a past like that." I said and she just crossed her arms nodding.

 We stopped at the home of the person Irene wanted to meet and she just walked up to it. Irene knocked on the door and waited a moment. "Is she even at home." Cana asked and Irene nodded.

I heard the faint sound of steps from where I was and surely the door opened revealing a middle aged woman with some light wrinkles. "How can I help you?" She asked and looked right at Irene in wonder. "Is that how you welcome an old friend?" She replied and Anna's eyes went wide. "Irene is that you?" She asked in shock walking up to her and a proud smile formed on Irene. "It is me the queen of Dragons." She stated and Anna just made a small bow. "Its so good to see you, the last I've heard of you I thought you'd die." She replied and Irene just shook her head. "I had my reason to cling onto life and she's right there." She replied and pulled Erza to herself. "So you were?" Anna asked but was stopped by a slow nod from Irene as her face changed to a more somber one.

"Please everyone come to the back of my home. I got some room to sit for you. So you can tell me in peace what you want from me." She replied and motioned with her hand to the side.

Irene Pov

A sea of flowers spread in front of me. From Alcea to Zinnia, she had them all perfectly cultivated into the blossoming beauty they were. "Irene are you here?" I got snapped out of my thoughts by Anna snapping her fingers in front of me. "I was just amazed by your flowers, I didn't know you were into gardening so much." I replied and she just let out a light chuckle. "I may have been the head researcher about Dragons and dragon slayers but I always had time to see how you tended your own garden of flowers before the war had broken out." She replied and placed a cup of tea in front of me. "So what gives me the honor of meeting the Fairy Tail guilds strongest mages?" She asked and I moved the cup down again. 

"A few days ago we had been tasked to look into something under the main capital of Fiore and found out one of the dragon slayers is still alive, I'm certain by now she's turned into a dragon as well like I." I stated and Anna looked curious at me. "And since I'm the head researcher of everything doing with dragons you think I'm still keeping up with something from 400 years ago?" She asked and her lips had that smugness on them. "Considering you have accompanied the dragon slayers through the portal the time you spend in this timeline should be less then you had in the past, what are you, around your late 40's?, its been 10 years of the eclipse gates activation and I know you well enough to know you'd never abandon your work." I stated and she kept a stern gaze. "So I ask you to help us find the dragon slayer named Diana in your notes and anything regarding sightings of a white dragon in the last 400 years, to be exact the last 20 years." I added and she pressed her lips firmly together. 

"What do I get out of this if I help you Irene." She asked and kept her face sternly looking at me. I tapped my chin lightly. "Well we could help you on something other, I'm sure a village like this does have some issues it faces." I replied and she let out a long sigh. "Well I was about to ask if I could spend some time alone with that handsome bearded man, he seems my age so why not. But since you proposed to help me with something I guess we could be even." She replied and I smirked in victory.