Chapter 5

Cana Pov

I couldn't keep the strange feeling of from me that something wasn't right about this, what we found on the job was merely the begin of something, I know it isn't just something simple which we found out. That's why I'm currently in the archive of the guildhall to try and find anything that can give us a lead on this, which isn't easy considering the guild is just about a hundred years old and the hideout of the bandits had to be several centuries older.

All the books in the archive are sorted by age and alphabetical order. I headed for the last row which was all the way back, thankfully the archive is well lit. "Cana are you sure that we might find something here." Erza asked as she walked up to me. 

I turned to her slowly with a hunched down pose while I was placing back the books in the lowest row. I placed down my hands on my lap. "We have to try at least Erza, you know as much as I do that the archive of the guild has surprises up its sleeve, not even Master Makarov knows all of the books down here." I replied to her and she knelt down next to me grabbing a book. "Then I'll help you, I overheard you talking with Levy about it but I think something with D was it that you are searching right?" She asked and smiled at me softly.

I nodded with a small grin. "Yeah, I'm looking to find something about Dragons or Dragnof itself." I replied and Erza's face grew gloomy as she pressed her lips into a firm line turning her head to the shelf and looking at the books.

I raised an eyebrow at her reaction. I got curious why she turned away as soon as I had said the name Dragnof. "Erza did I say something which gave you bad memories?" I asked and she shook her head. "No Cana I just remembered something, I promise its nothing bad, only a memory which I cannot place into the right order, a burning city which I've never seen yet I know the name Dragnof, I believe it was a dream I had about Dragnof, burning buildings and dragons flying above it, I had it recently after I read a history book in the library of Crocus on a job." She replied and I gasped.

"Erza that book might be what we need." I said and she crossed her arms and shook her head again. "It isn't I promise, it was more of a children's book and had more pictures then text in it." She quickly replied and I sighed in defeat slouching down on the ground.

I felt her grab my shoulder gently. "Tell me Cana, since how long have you been down here?" She asked and a fond smile spread on her lips. "Since morning, this place is so huge and crowded with books that it might take me another full day to find what I'm searching for, since the mission with Y/n I couldn't get those weird symbols out of my mind." I replied to her and she chuckled softly.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Why are you laughing?" I asked and she looked back at me contently. "Its the first time I've seen you be so eager on finding something out which has to do with someone else and by any chance have you been thinking of Y/n the whole time while being down here?" She replied and I placed back the bunch of books I was holding.

"Well this got my interest and why are you asking me about him so much, I'm not thinking about him the whole time but he did occupy my mind quite a bit down here, especially since he's out with Gildarts and I'm a little worried." I replied silently and started to look away from her.

She gave me a smug smile and kept silent. "Anyway I'm sure he's going to be fine Cana." She reassured and grabbed by underarm. "Lets search for something that could help us on this, master told me to see why you haven't come up since morning and if we really don't find anything here we could always go to one of the archives in Fiore." She proposed and I agreed with her.