Chapter 36

Irene Pov

We hurled over several walls and climbed up on the side of buildings until we finally landed on the backyard of the palace with its large flower fields. "What kind of princess parcours  through half the city just to evade being seen by the guards!" Gildarts heaved out as he slouched down next to me and I did as well. I had my hands on my knees panting heavily and wondered how in my younger years I could do this without breaking a sweat.

My younger self looked quite proud. She stood there back straight and hands pressed onto her hips. "I really should train more when I grow up, you can't even stand after this short run." She stated and I scoffed. "That's not it!" I huffed and then pointed to my chest. "You'll understand how difficult it is to run around with a chest like this when you are older." I replied and she tilted her head to the side. "So I can be called a boob monster." She replied and I hissed lightly. Why was I so smug at that time.

Heavy footsteps came to our location and my younger self panicked. "There you are you sneaky princess. "A female voice spoke out and little me shrieked up as she was picked up by her waist belt. "A-Artoria!" She gasped and I looked at the blonde woman who had her hair up in a bun with two bangs framing her face and her body was clad in something resembling an armor but heavily leaned on looking like a dress with armored gauntlets and greaves and an armored chest piece. 

Artoria's eyes widened when she noticed me. "Who are you, why do you look like her majesty." She asked narrowing her eyes on me. Her hand went instinctively to her sword hilt. "That's because I'm her just from the future. Its a long story and I need the book back which someone took." I stated and my younger self nodded quickly. "Yes that's true she's me." She yelled out and Artoria frowned lightly. "Prove it." She spat out and I instinctively reached for my necklace. "Is this proof enough." I casualy replied and she nodded. "Her majesties sign."

"We'll get you to her majesty and then we decide a suitable punishment." She replied and then looked back to me. "As for you, just come with me." She added and motioned with her hand to follow.

Gildarts looked perturbed at Artoria. "What's the mater with her. She didn't even look at me." He stated and I chuckled. I waited for her to get out of earshot. "She has a reason for that, she made a vow where she never looks at a man directly in the eyes except her husband Tristan, the one who's going to be father of her children in about a year." I replied and he ohed looking at her back.

We followed Artoria through the garden and entered the giant palace from the veranda. We immediately got the attention of the palace guards. "Is that some kind of new tactic of his majesty to lure enemies into a trap?" I heard a guard question who eyed me. "I don't know she looks like her majesty but something feels off about her. She looks lightly taller and doesn't hold that loving expression, her hair is longer as well." The other replied and Artoria side eyed them. "She turned her head to me and smirked. "Don't worry, I wont tell a word about you." She whispered and sweat nervously. 

"I've never seen a hall so big, do dragons move through here." Gildarts awed and I nodded while looking up." They do, up ahead is the large conference area." I replied and motioned with my hand to the front. 

This whole time we got here I dreaded the moment I would come face to face with my mother and father. They were always lovely and supportive to me but when I did something bad or wrong, I usually had a sore behind after that. They were strict and caring at the same time. How a parent should be. The voices in the room up front got clearer by the steps and Artoria stopped from entering the room with my younger self still held around the waist by her and hanging off like a potato sack. She held her hand out to us. "Not now, she's in a meeting." She whispered.   

I heard my mothers voice quite clearly. She seemed furious. I rarely heard her this angry. "You come here and demand that we fix your problem, that we take care of your own fault and that you want to terminate that pregnancy of yours just because you slept with someone who doesn't want to be a father and is an all out loser, who you slept with because of his looks?" She yelled and I clenched my hand tightly. I was shaking from fear, I never knew why but every time I heard her loud voice I'd get a panic attack. "Everything alight?" Gildarts asked concerned placing his hand on my shoulder. I shook my head in a no. The anxious breathing of me was giving it away. "Not really, I'm about to meet the only one who makes my skin turn pale from fear and hide from being so scared." I replied and he laughed gently. "I see, I'm here for you if you need support." He replied and I blushed faintly. I whispered a thank you to him.