Chapter 10

Wendy Pov 

I ran as far away as I could before the attack would be able to reach me. "Ice dragons wing attack." He shouted from above and the entire area was encased in ice from the top of the threes to the very ground causing me to slip and skid across the area right onto a palm tree. I rubbed the front of my head. "Ouch this hurt." I whined before I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder. "Wendy you need to go I'll handle this on my own I promise, I'll be there with you soon but first I need to get that jerk for trying to roast us." He snarled and ran off towards the temple. The person we fought against had ran away after Y/n's last attack, giving me time to retreat.

"Wendy lets head to the village, I'm sure Cana and Bill have the same idea." Carla spoke and helped me up. I nodded and we began to run to the village, it wasn't actually far from the temple but we ran in circles the first time and in reality its just a half hour walk. The sun slowly dawned over the horizon giving me enough to see to run without risking to fall. "Do you think Irene-san is already here, I'm certain with her magic she can quickly come." I stated and Carla looked up to me with a serious face. "I'm certain she's already here, only thing I don't know is why she hasn't come to us, usually you'd be the first she searches for as her pupil and literal daughter from how she treats you." Carla replied and I blushed embarrassed. Irene was like a mother to me, she cooks for me often shows me how to clean a home from head to toe, how to make the laundry and she made me learn how to have dignity, something Erza did not know growing up as a slave. Which caused Irene to promptly force Makarov to throw Erza out of her dorm and set into Irene's home that is at the edge of town not much further away then the Fairy Hills dorm actually and its my second home. 

We reached the village soon enough, Carla and I were exhausted from running so fast and we both stopped right at reaching it. "We arrived finally." I said and took a few breaths before standing up. "You are Wendy right, someone is in that tend over there waiting for you." A woman said and I turned my head to the tend.

I walked to it wondering who would want to see me. I opened it with my right hand pulling the curtain to the side. A cold chill went through me when I saw Cana and Bill bound on the ground with both having their mouths covered by a cloth. Right behind them sat Rose and Irene with a large two handed battle axe in her hand. "You took your sweet time." She exclaimed with a deadly glare. 

I let out a shriek from being scared by her glaring at me before her expression changed. "I want answers." She stated and motioned for me to sit down near her.

I did as she wanted and got closer to her. "First I want to know why you didn't get them back to the guild, I'm sure with your cuteness you could have gotten them back in no time." She stated and then stared me up and down. "At least you would have been more successful then trying to use your seduction." She added with a slight chuckle.

I gave her a deadpan look as she sometimes made comments about my appearance which I could do nothing about for not growing as fast. I held back the urge to yell out why I'm so small. "Cana used her card dimension to trap me and Carla, that's how she played us." I stated and Irene made an Oh sound while a smirk spread on her lips.

"Looks like someone is going to be punished already." She said and stood up. "We are leaving as soon as I get a hold of Y/n." She said and I stared up at her. "We can't we need to help the people of the village and we found a dragon just below the temple, some crazy person wants to free it and defeat it showing that he is as good as a real dragon slayer." I said and Irene stopped in her tracks looking down at me.

"I don't care what the problem of this village is, someone else can accept this request as you didn't do it." She replied and I grabbed her by the arm. "We can't leave, Y/n and Cana would have gotten here anyway, even without the job request as this is one of the places the map had marked." I stated and Irene turned around.