Chapter 7

Y/n Pov

I slouched down on the table across of Irene inside the Guild with Cana and Bill right next to me. Irene had an exceed named Rose who was a female too, she sat right next to her. Cana pulled out the map and the paper she had written the stuff on. "Since you Irene are the former queen of Dragnof and lived 400 years ago can you read this stuff and know what's up with this map." Cana asked and Irene was eating a strawberry cake and drinking her tea calmly. 

Her gaze shifted to us. "Of course I could try." She said and took the paper of Cana's hand reading it carefully. "Its the old writing of my kingdom which comes directly of the tongue of the dragons, we didn't use it as our official grammar but everyone learned it, what's written on here is just the story of the dragons grave you found. Dragons and humans in my kingdom lived very close to each other, you could say we looked out for each other and every village had a guardian dragon who protected the village and in turn the people of the village took care of his wounds and if he needed they even gave him food which rarely was requested by dragons, we coexisted perfectly and in harmony, dragons are far smarted and not as bloodthirsty as the ones on the western continent." She said and I pressed my lips into a firm line while clenching my hand.

There was still something I wanted to know. "I want to know why the place smelled like a dragon and not just any dragon but my foster dragon Nivies who's a female dragon." I shot at her and she looked at me through half closed eyes as if she was doubting something. Her armored hand had gripped the thin porcelain handle taking a slow sip of the cup. 

Her amber eyes fixed back to me giving me a warm look. "I know every dragons name from my former kingdom as there were only a thousand around, I've never heard of a female ice Dragon named Nivies, I know only four ice dragons and two of them are females named Daenerys and Etoirir, the two males were called Nidhogg and Eirwen two massive dragons who lived on Mt Hakobe but all four of those died in the dragon civil war and Etoirir was killed by Acnologia. I'm certain your Dragon didn't exist and you are just making it up." She replied calmly and I got angry.

"Listen I'm not making this up you damn old hag, I know she was a dragon she raised me from when I was little, there has to be an explanation for why you don't know her." I stated and she huffed in annoyance. "I'm not an old hag, I'm physically 23 years old." She scoffed.

Cana grabbed my hand, gently pulling me to her. "Calm down Y/n let me ask something." She stated and looked to Irene. "Maybe it was like with you and Erza, Irene. You told us that when Erza was conceived you were a human turned into a dragon so maybe others had the same fate like you and survived as well." Cana spoke and I could see on Irene she was taken aback quite a bit by it. Realization hit her after a few seconds and she placed the cup down in its saucer.

Her gaze was calm yet her eyes were vivd and I could see in her eyes something which wondered me, hurt, she seemed hurt about something she remembered in her past. "There could be a possibility like that, I know several women who had fought in the war and some of them did indeed use Ice Dragon slayer magic, they were called Diana, Elena, Boudica and Claire, I know Boudica died in the war but the other three I don't know of what happened, it would be a wild goose chase at best." Irene replied and let out a pout when she noticed her cake was finished. 

"That's still something we can work with and I know where we can start of with." I stated and Irene gave me a questioning look. "You'll be running into a dead end with that small amount of information, if you really want to find out more we can use this map we found, maybe there is something in one of the crypts to give us a guide on where she is if she's alive." She replied and Cana then gave me a grin. "So we should start and search those places up." She spoke and Irene stopped her by grabbing her arm.