Chapter 46

Y/n Pov

Everyone was looking at the bar counter of the guild hall. On it stood no one else then Makarov. Everyone of the guild was here who trained hard for the past months, I could feel the change in everyone. Some had smug smiles and others looked like they were falling soon from nervousness. Cana gave me a small smile "I know he'll chose you." She whispered and lightly squeezed my left hand. Makarov raised his right hand up which held his staff. "Children I know you are all excited about being in the Grand magic games, as every year we don't know the rules nor do we know what's going to come. I can feel the fire in your hearts, you all trained till dropping dead day and night but only a handfull of you will take part in this years games, what I do know is five lucky wizards will come to play and I took my sweet time." He stated and his eyes went through the whole guild.

I looked to my right and could see Natsu's entire group calmly look at him. Erza especialy. "So who do you think is goona be the lucky five?" Gildarts asked and I shook my head in a no. "I don't know I've trained my butt off for this. Knowing him he'll take Natsu's group probably." I stated and Gildarts Chuckled. "Who knows." He replied and took a sip from his tankard.

Makarov passed a hand through his beard. "I know I could have taken Natsu's group like last time but after a good long disgussion with my wine barrel I'm now firmly convinced in those 5 which I will be calling out to come forwards. "For your unbelievable power and wits I will chose you Gildarts Clive as first to be in the games." Makarov stated and Gildarts gave him a dumbstruck look. He walked forwards slowly. "Master are you sure about that, I could be destroying the arena if I fall." He stated and Makarov just waved it down with his hand before patting his shoulder. "Nonsense, I know how you are and I've seen your training, nothing makes me more proud then seeing the laziest of the guild start to take something serious, I know you wanted to take part in it at all costs for Cana." He stated and Gildarts grinned sheepish.

"Now for my next one I had to think for a bit. Your growth since you were little and maturing into a young powerful wizard who can even wield one of Fairy Tails secret weapons caught me by surprise, Cana Alberona you are my second choice." He stated and Cana stood there shooked like a deer in headlights. I nudged her lightly. "Come on he's waiting," I whispered and she nodded just a bit. Her eyes were wide open. Her lips moved slowly as she spoke her words. "You are chosing me over someone like Erza, Laxus Natsu, and even Irene?" She asked and Makarov gave her a fond smile. "Power isn't everything, all I know is there could be a drinking contest so I want to be save for all the possible outcomes." He stated and Cana now walked up to him. "I'm not going to disapoint you." She spoke confidently and Makarov nodded. "You have never." He calmly spoke out.

"Now for my third choice nothing could beat you ever, you stood against all foes even if they were much more powerfull then you and more endowed. Alone you could not hope to win but together you proved to be an important support for us. Wendy Marvell come forward to me." Makarov spoke and held his hand out to her. She stood up nervously, but set a determined face on. Irene looked right after the child walking forwards. "She's grown so much in just this little time." She spoke quetly but smiled proudly like a mother.

"I'm going to to my best gramps I promise." Wendy replied and Cana pat her head gently. "You'll be drinking with us on every win." She cheered happily.

I looked in wonder around the guild who the last two would be. His choice until now wasn't unusual but some didn't seem to agree all too much. "Now lets call fourth." Makarov stated standing up and then eyed the room cautiously. "Even tough you are just here since a few months you have proven to be not only a capable wizard who's battle hardenet. You took the guild by storm, you made everyone who doubted your intentions change their minds and become friends with you, I have no doubts you will be the next miss Fairy Tail. Irene Belserion come forwards to join your group and we'll soon meet the last of your team." He stated and Irene gasped.