Chapter 25

Irene Pov

I coughed up from exhaustion falling to my knees after having tried over and over again to increase the number of spheres I could create for my Disappear spell. I was furious that I couldn't increase it any further then 200. But it knew I could increase the limit if I wanted to by enchanting myself. Which would cause more strain on my magic, shortening the time I can fight. "Irene you should rest up a bit." I heard my exceeds voice from the sideline. 

I turned my head to her. "I can't move my body, I'm too tired." I stated and she huffed jumping down from the rock and flew towards me. "And you expect me to pick you up and fly you to a bed, you are way too heavy with your size." She replied and laughed lightly. "Thanks for the flattery about my boobs." I replied and she crossed her arms sitting down. Her eyes looked above me for a moment while I heard someone come closer.

I felt a hand grab my arm and another go under my waist. "Geez you are quite heavy." A deep manly voice spoke and I immediately felt my face blush when I understood it was Gildarts who picked me up in a bridal position. "Gildarts-sama." I whispered and he gazed down to me. "You shouldn't be so reckless, you know it more then others right?" He stated and I averted my eyes from him. "I know and I'm not heavy! My measurements are 46, 25 and 64 and my belly is flat as as it can naturally be." Replied and he stopped in his tracks. "I know what you are thinking!" I scoffed and he started to walk again.

 After a few steps he lowered me down on the sand again under a tree in the shadow. "Thanks, I really wouldn't have been able to move the next 20 minutes or so." I replied and he just gave me a small smile. "We are partners after all, we are there for each other whenever we are in need." He stated and then his hands touched my cheeks. "I wont leave you alone." He replied and my heart skipped a beat at the last words.

A few minutes passed and I sat up again with my energy back. I heard someone run towards us and I saw Makato when I turned around. "Makoto what are you doing here, I thought the exceeds would look after you." I said and she jumped into my arms. "We went for a walk around and just came back and I wanted to be with the two of you again." She replied and I let out a soft giggle.

"Do you cling so much onto us because you see us as parents?" I asked and a small nod came from her.

"I want you two to see what I can do." She said and made a few steps back. I raised an eyebrow in wonder and GIldarts made his way a few feet away from me sitting down on the other tree under the shadow. 

Makoto raised her hand upwards. "I call upon the power of the gods lend me your strength oh lighting god." She yelled and the sky darkened quickly, sending a lighting strike down right at Gildarts who got hit by it making him drop on the ground. "Gildart-sama!" I cried out in worry and immediately stumbled my way towards him. 

Gildarts Pov

I woke up with my body hurting everywhere. The last thing I remember was something hitting me. I tried sitting up and felt a pair of hands touch my chest quickly before a cushion was laid under my back "Gildarts thank Mavis you are awake." A clearly worried voice stated and I opened my eyes to see Irene look at me. She was kneeling right next to me and she had a a light blue kimono now on with her hair put up in a bun and her front bangs covering her right eye, her sides were also covered by two strands of her hair. "It was my fault that you got hurt." She whispered and twiddled with her finger. "So I'll take care of you and Makoto too, she's currently brewing some tea with the help of Kinana." She stated and I gazed back up to the ceiling. "I don't really want tea right now." I replied and she grabbed something. "That's okey, I cooked for you something." She replied and I looked at her from the corner of my eye. "I'm neither hungry." I replied and she gazed at me tentatively. "Say ah." She stated happily and stuck a freshly baked bread bun into my mouth while her cheeks showed a clear blush that formed on her face.