Chapter 11

Cana Pov

Dimly lit halls and empty rooms were everything we found in the temple with the exception of those coffins. Irene placed down a bunch of flowers in front of the coffin the dragon slayer was in. When Y/n told her this she quickly had gone out and picked flowers. I could sense of much guilt she felt for all the dead slayers. She raised her face to him as he walked up. "Did you know him?" Y/n asked and Irene nodded silently. "I did, he was one very strange guy silent and cold but he had to endure Diane's cheerful personality all the time as I had been putting them together every time on missions, its hilarious to see a tsundere in action." She stated with a soft chuckle.

Irene turned around to leave and we followed her. "Did you find the Dragon priest again?" Irene asked and Y/n shook his head while moving a hand through his hair. "No its likely him and his people ran from the island." He replied and looked towards me. "Thanks Cana for bringing us to the island it really gave me some hope to know where my dragon is." He stated and I raised an eyebrow looking at him.

"Did you find something out?" I asked in wonder and he nodded. "The ice, it had a very close resemblance to my magic, it's almost as if the magic was related to me, I don't know why but I have a feeling this Diane ice dragon slayer might be more to do with my foster dragon than I think." He replied and began to think. "Who knows maybe Diane and your foster dragon are one and the same." I stated jokingly and he stared at me with wide eyes. "Don't be ridicules, that's not how it works." He quickly replied slightly offended and we saw Irene stop and turn to us. "Actually Y/n that could be the case, it is vague at best but remember I was pregnant with Erza for 400 years when I turned into a dragon. I had enchanted her to stop growing, sealing her in time and only when I lifted it she began to develop, so maybe something like that could have happened to you too and your true mother, Diane and Nivies could be one and the same." She stated leaving Y/n and I with our mouths open in shock.

. . .

Arriving at the village we walked into the chiefs hut sitting down in front of him. Irene stared at him with doubt while I placed the request in front. "We took care of what you wanted the temple wasn't filled by something evil but rather some cultists trying to free a frozen dragon, I don't know about the red moon but I'm certain that you wont be having issues with it anymore." I said and the chief silently observed me. "I want to be sure that the moon isn't going to be red again and until then you will stay." He stated and Irene made a quick nod but had a slightly confused face.

"A red moon? When I saw this island from afar the moon was its usual color." Irene replied and we all stared at her in surprise. "What? but I saw it glowing red." Wendy stated pointing to were it would be as it was day time.

I placed a hand on my chin thinking about it. The cultists trying to free a dragon, a red moon? "There is clearly something up we'd have to figure it out somehow if its related or not." I stated snapping my fingers and Y/n nodded. "I agree lets think about it." I said and both Wendy and Irene looked at each other. 

"Wendy are you thinking the same as I do?" Irene asked and the Sky dragon slayer nodded eagerly. "I do Irene san." She replied before being stopped by the chief. "But first you should all eat, I'm certain you are hungry and it will take time for the moon to come." He exclaimed and all of a sudden our stomachs grumbled.

We all walked out of the hut and Irene placed her hand on Wendy's head. "Do you perhaps intend to help them cook Wendy?" Irene asked and the slayer thought a bit. "I don't know how to." She replied and Irene frowned. "How do you want to win a mans heart when you can't fill his tummy, to win a man over you need to show him how good you are in filling his stomach with cooked meals, of course they can do it on their own too but you have to think about it, the less a man spends with cooking the more he can do for you, there are a lot out there who say they don't need us as they can just go to a restaurant for it and there are plenty of women who give them the company they need." She said and smiled softly at her. "What do you mean with they can have the company of women?" Wendy replied and Irene got a little flustered.