Chapter 34

3rd Pov

The shuffling of books echoed through the archives of the guild as 4 mages were punished to clean it. A loud groan came from Irene. "Ugh why do we need to clean the entire archive." She whined while dusting off the shelf. 

"Cleaning the archive isn't the worst." Cana stated and placed a pile of books on the table behind her. "At least its better then the one we had last time. We had to wear maid outfits and serve food and drinks the whole day." She sighed and Y/n chuckled. "Well that's what happens when you screw up a quest." He replied and Cana puffed her cheeks. "It wouldn't have happened if Gildarts didn't blow up the entire mansion." She yelled and Irene laughed. "As far as I know it only happened because you Cana fell with your boobs right on Y/n's face and he knocked Gildarts over." Irene stated and Gildarts turned around from placing the books back. "From what I remember it was you Irene who blew Cana of her feet causing this whole chain reaction." He stated and pointed at her with his finger. 

Bill and Rose both held their paws up. "I can agree to that. Irene overdid it on the job." They both spoke and she blushed embarrassed. "I wouldn't be as upset about this if our money would have been enough actually to buy lunch but we wanted to use the reward which we bombed by ruining the job." She whined loudly and began to cry.  

"Geez Irene, are you really so sentimental just because of a botched job." Cana asked and Irene nodded. "I'm hungry and when I'm hungry I get moody." She spoke out whipping away her tears. "Y/n when we are done we all go to the next restaurant and order the whole menu. Irene isn't the only one starving of hunger." She spoke out and her stomach whined loudly. "She's right, I'm too." Gildarts stated and Y/n smiled softly. "Good to know I'm not the only one." He stated and all had their stomach grumbling.

"Tell me Irene how did you learn to clean so well." Gildarts asked and she stopped for a moment. "I don't really remember but my mother always made me clean my own room and I started to do it on my own after a while as I didn't like how it was." She replied looking down. 

Irene knocked down a book with her arm. "What's this?" She whispered and opened it but as she did a white light engulfed them all of a sudden.

Irene Pov

The blinding light disappeared and I let out a grunt as I hit the hard ground. I opened my eyes and saw Gildarts right above me crash down, I grunted painfully on the impact. He was with his head right on my chest. "Gildarts, get off." I hissed. He moved away quickly. "Did we get teleported?" He asked rubbing his head and I looked around. We were on a road in the middle of the woods. I shrugged. "Don't know." I replied and sat up looking at Cana who was right on top of Y/n. "Thanks for breaking the fall." She spoke softly before helping him up.

We all stood up and whipped away the dust. I had no idea where we landed. Was it that book? If yes then we need it. I took a look around but I couldn't find it anywhere. "Shit where is that book." I shouted out loud in anger. 

Y/n headed right to me. "Did that book bring us here?" He asked and I nodded. "I guess but if we don't find it we aren't going anywhere." I replied and he also looked around. "No clue its not in the bushes either." Cana stated and I let out a defeated sigh.

"Well if we can't find it maybe we should head in the direction those hooves are going." He stated and I took a look at them. "Heavy cavalry?" I whispered surprised and looked up front. I made a few steps ahead and my breath got taken away like I was strangled.

My eyes widened out of pure shock. In front of me spread a large town and the top end of the city was a large castle like structure with gigantic doors and at the top of it where dragon statues.

I fell to my knees and felt my lips quiver. "This can't be, how?" I whispered in pure shock. I felt my eyes getting moist. How in the name of Mavis did we end up here. A hand touched my shoulder gently mkaing me look up. "Irene what's up with this place, is something wrong?" Gildarts asked and I nodded but stayed silent. I couldn't utter a single word right now.