Chapter 50

3rd person Pov

All the contestants were arguing amongst each other to who they should select for this run but time was running out for them soon. "Its decidet then who's going to play for us." Irene whispered and Cana nodded. "Yeah looking at it that's the only one we can chose." she agreed. "So who's going to do it?" Wendy asked and Y/n was looking at the three who had been talking back and forth under them. Gildarts stepped out of the trio. "Well since we are the ones with the most knowledge about magic we talked about who could do this and it had to be someone who had a vast knowledge of magic, possibly all of it, then the persons senses had to be the best of us and if you think about it Irene could very well fit into it." He stated and then Cana got to his side.

"But." She trailed. "We have to be careful who we choose as that person can't play again, Irene may be a good choice but if we have a fighting competition we'd rather have someone like her or you Y/n be in it which is why neither you or Irene will be playing in this." She stated and then Irene walked up. "Which leaves us with only one obvious choice. Wendy, you have almost the same skill set and knowledge as I have with the bonus of Dragon slayer senses, together with your carefull analitical mind and sensing magic energy you are the best fit for this." She stated and Wendy got a bit scared.

She clutched her hand into a fist. "I think I can do this no problem." She stated and Carla smiled. "Of course you can Wendy, stop doubting yourself, you've been improving greatly under Irene's guidance just like Erza has as well." She stated and Irene beamed of joy.

At the Royal Balcony Hisui was rather tense about something. "Did you arange the battles acordingly?" She asked and Arcadios nodded. "I've done as you asked, the battles are all rigged for the best and most exciting results." He replied and Hisui slouched back on her seat. "Still it doesn't feel right to rig the selection and I hope all of them are chosing right on who to send in." She stated and Makoto tilted her head. "Rigging?" She questioned and Hisui panicked. "Well you see, in order to have it exciting we let the people believe the selection was randomly but its carefully been constructed with the participants strengh in mind so it wont be boring." She replied and Makoto nodded looking a bit confused.

Wendy headed down into the arena together with the other contestants. "Now that everyone is here of the contestans we can finaly lift the secret." Mato exclaimed and moved his hand towards a vision lacrima.

"The whole game is going to be played in a single room. In front of you the murdered victim will be laying on the floor. You will be given a sheet with all the suspects and their abilities, which are dark guild members. Your goal is to collect as many clues as you can to identify the suspect and finish it first. If not enough clues are found you will not be able to identify the culprit at all." Mato stated and Wendy began to think.

The Sky mage wasn't worried but still felt the usual nervousness in her heart beating eraticaly. She had a small glimpse at Romeo who was looking only at her. Heat infiltrated the bluenetts face quickly spreading a hue of pink all over her cheeks.

Averting her eyes she suddenly found herself in a bright light. Did the game already start? Finding herslef in an unfamiliar room she inhaled slightly and noticed the scent of burnt ash in the air. A clue already? She stepped forwards seeing the sheet laying on a dresser.

She went over it quickly. "So my suspects are from Death's Head Caucus Vidaldus Taka, Eisenwald's Erigor and Ghoul spirits Takedama. Their abilities seem to vastly differ from each other so it shouldn't be an issue." She whispered and walked behind the area that was marked with tape.

A simple hotelroom was the scene of the crime and laying on the ground laid a member of Fiores Government. Wendy let out a light shriek on the sight as girl still wasn't used to seeing such henous crimes.