Chapter 6

Cana Pov

I sat in the guildhall on one of the tables with a bottle in hand drinking it. Y/n has been gone for three days on the mission with my father. Worry was eating me from the inside. Why was he going with him on an SS class mission when we don't even know how strong he is, he should have at least fought against one of the more capable wizards in our guild to see how strong he is. "Cana is everything alright, you've barely taking a sip?" A female voice asked and I turned to her smiling softly. "I'm fine Mirajane I promise." I replied and turned my head away again towards the door. "I'm more curious about why Erza has lately stopped to go on so many missions like she usually had done, and I'm almost certain she's now looking far more after her hair, it looks smooth like silk." I said and Mira smiled at me while cleaning the table. "She's combing it everyday now and she's waiting for Jellal to come again, the magic council is sending him around all over the place and are you sure everything is fine with you?" She asked and narrowed her eyes on me. "I'm almost certain you are waiting for Y/n to come back and he's been on your mind." She said with a smirk tugging on her lips. 

I let out a scoff. "Its really not like that." I replied annoyed and she kept her usual smile. "She likes him." A blue exceed yelled and I felt my cheeks flush. "You are annoying happy." I snarled and he laughed into his paw while flying away.

On the back of the guild I saw a small brawl happen but I ignored it still keeping my face to the door. A sudden bell ringing made me perk up and look at the door. The bells kept going and the longer they took the more I knew it was going to happen. The armor clacking of Erza's breastplate made look at her from the corner of my eyes. She had a small smile on her. "Looks like your time of waiting for the prince is finally over." She teased me and I just smiled at her. "Tease me all you want Erza there's nothing between me and him." I replied and she giggled softly. "You may not be aware of it Cana but outsiders often notice what you aren't and I'm just saying it was the same as me and Jellal, I've denied it but turned to accept so should you." She replied and waited at next to me.

The warning system of the Gildart shift started to sound and the town began to split into two as I looked out the window I could see the trio walk the path to the guild and I could practically see the astonished face on Y/n as he walked to the guild with Bill holding onto him. When I looked at him I could feel warmth in my chest but I don't know why.

Just his mere smile alone was causing a strange giddy feeling inside of me, the first time he laid eyes on me I've seen his, such a deep intense color that I've never seen somewhere else, his perfectly cut V shape abs and chiseled chin made him even hotter then he already was and I got a full few of it right after knowing him. "Cana are you alright you seem spaced out, did you think about Y/n." A voice asked and snapped her fingers in front of me.

Heat infiltrated my cheeks as I turned to the person revealing it was Erza who still waited with me here. "No I haven't." I shot back quickly and she just grinned at me smugly.

The door of the guild opened and it revealed Gildarts followed by Y/n and Bill. "Hey dad, Y/n, Bill, how was the job." I asked and headed for them, stopping them right at the door. Y/n gazed up to me and smiled. "It was great and went well, we  fought against some undead and even a dragon, turns out some long dead dark mage somehow had his magic control the dead in the crypt." He replied and I gave him a shocked look. "Wait a dragon? I need to show you something" I stated and took hold of his hand pulling him to the table and Gildarts followed.

I pulled the map out of the protective cardboard. "Here, this map had both of those places marked which we had our request on and you can call me crazy but I think this map shows burials of dragons from the long forgotten kingdom of Dragnof, maybe we can find clues with this to why we had two jobs doing with this." I spoke in excitement and Y/n placed his hand on mine gently grabbing it.