𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭 // 𝐍𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐢

[-]

[-]

"Are you old enough to smoke?" Nairobi asked from the back. London turned around in her chair and blew out the smoke slowly.

It was the night before the heist and everyone was getting more and more nervous by the minute. But London, instead of sleeping the night away, was smoking outside in the balcony on one of the chairs.

London chuckled at Nairobi standing at the threshold of the door. "Believe me, I'm old enough to be Moscow's daughter."

Nairobi chuckled at that reply and walked outside into the balcony over to London. It was actually a very calm and warm night so it was nice to be outside. She sat down next to London and heavily sighed.

London looked at her and gave her a pack of cigarettes with a lighter with a smirk. Nairobi scoffed and took it from her. As she was lighting up, London laid back in her chair and looked at the sky.

"Can't believe that tomorrow we might actually die." London spoke up. "After months of planning, we are actually putting everything and everyone at risk for some money."

Nairobi blew out some smoke and laid back in her chair as well. "Well, if we're actually going to die, we might as well just tell everything about ourselves, don't you think?"

London looked at her and chuckled as she sat up. "Well, okay. I'll go first then." Nairobi also sat up in her chair and began listening to her. "I'm 23 years old which means I'm the youngest out of all of us.

Ever since I was 16, I started doing drugs and my relationship with my parents crumbled down. So I ran away from home and became a robber. Years and years passed and my addiction became worse.

But when The Professor found me, I decided that this should be the end. I couldn't live like this anymore and I had to change. So, here I am." London put her hands out and chuckled at herself.

Nairobi listened to London attentively the whole time. She didn't know anything about the young woman and hearing all this broke her heart inside. "Wow, I had no idea you had such a hard time. Did you ever contact your parents after that?"

London sighed and blew out some smoke. "No, I figured that they didn't want to hear from me anymore. I disappointed them and ran away from a home that they gave to me with love and affection."

"Yeah, I guess I would do that to." Nairobi agreed. London chuckled and blew out some smoke as she looked up at the sky.

Nairobi looked away and after some seconds of silence, spoke up. "Well, I guess it's time for me to talk about myself now."

Nairobi sat up and got ready to tell her story. London also sat up in her chair and smiled. "I don't think you know this, but I'm a mom. But my son got taken away from me since I wasn't taking good care of him.

I also had problems with drugs day and night. Eventually, the police found out and took him. Ever since I have been living alone and on the run. But when The Professor found me, I came to this place."

It was quite a shock for London. I mean, she saw that Nairobi had some motherly instincts kicking out from time to time, but she never suspected that she would actually be a mom.

"Oh, my god." London said. "I can't believe you went through all of that. I'm so sorry, I mean-"

"No, no, it's okay." Nairobi cut her off as she held her hand. London looked down and back up at her. "It's not your fault. Plus, it's all good now."

The two of them looked at each other with reassuring smiles. Even though they were very different in age, it felt as if they were together or knew each other from the beginning.

But then, someone cleared their throat from the back. "London, Nairobi." The two of them turned around and saw The Professor standing at the door.

He had his pajamas on and held a nice candle. The two women laughed and looked at each other. They didn't even feel bad that they were in trouble, it felt brilliant. Especially for London.

"It's the middle of the night and tomorrow we are going to implement everything." The Professor explained with a serious look. "You two need to go now."

"Okay, okay." London stood up from her chair with her hands held up in defense. "No need to be so aggressive."

"London, go to your room immediately." The Professor almost cut her off. "Nairobi, you two."

Nairobi also stood up and rolled her eyes at the fact that The Professor was acting like a dad to those two. The two women walked through the threshold of the door and giggled. It felt as if they were teenagers again.

But as they looked back at The Professor one last time and locked eye contact together, London laughed. "Run!"

[-]