𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 // 𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫

This imagine was requested by TheGr8estPuff !:) Thank you so so much for sending me your idea. If you want me to write a chapter based on your idea, you can always write to me. Now here's the finished look.

Quick note: knowing how I finished this chapter, I will probably write a part 2:D

[-]

The stars shined brightly in the sky with the full moon as London sat leaning against a tree and drifting away from all of her troubles. It was finally the night before the heist and, not only London, but everyone was nervous to the bone just hearing about that.

Finally, after 5 months of planning, their plans would take place and make history once and for all. And they would be the great stars of the show. But to say that London's mind was only full of that would be a mistake.

She, of course, couldn't stop overthinking about all of the things that might and will happen tomorrow and in the span of the next days or even weeks. Each and every one of them knew the plan by heart and were aware of the consequences that would follow if they made even a single small mistake.

But most of her thought capacity was taken by the fact that she had secret feelings for Denver ever since they started planning the heist. They never had a secret or open relationship, but London knew that she liked him. A lot.

She never confessed to him that she liked him since she still was unsure about that. She tried focussing on work and why she came here in the first place.

But she didn't know that he had even bigger feelings for her than her. You could say that London was kinda clueless for not seeing that but then again she was still caught up with her own with the fact if she had any feelings for him at all.

They had a nice friendship and even though you could easily mistake the two for love birds, they never talked about it ever at all though.

She would drift off at night making up fake scenarios of what could happen between them thinking that there was no way that they could happen in real life anytime soon. So let's just say, she had her mind with that a lot.

London sighed and looked up as she stared at the sky. There were some lights scattered around the backyard, most of them being next to the entrance and next to the table. So the sky was pretty visible.

But as she gazed up at it, she heard a familiar voice coming from the background which she could recognize anywhere at any time. "You alright?"

London sat up and turned around to look at Denver with a warm smile on her face. "Yeah, just...anxious."

She looked away as Denver smiled and sat down next to her at the tree, understanding it all. He also gazed up at the stargazing night sky as the two shared this simple but important moment. The two of them didn't say a single word for some seconds before Denver sighed and looked at London.

When she noticed that move, she giggled and squinted her eyes at him. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

Denver didn't move his look off her as he stared at her as if he was hypnotized. "'Cause, you're beautiful."

London laughed out loud and covered her mouth since that was the first time he said something like that to her. She looked away with giggles but when she turned to look at him again, she saw that his look became more serious which made her more serious also.

"London, listen, there's something I need to tell you since I know that time might be running out." He said as he sat up. You could hear the afraidness and confusion in his voice bright as day.

London also sat up and moved closer towards him. "What is it?"

Denver tried to gather the right words for a sentence as London grew more and more nervous seconds after hearing his last words. Whenever someone tells you that they need to tell you something with a face and tone like his, stress comes over you like a huge wave.

London's mind was immediately flooded with ideas: what if he wants to tell her that he loves her? What if he wants to tell her that he wants to forget about them? 

"I love you." He managed to say as London's mouth went wider and he turned to her. "I have loved you since the first day, since the day I met you, since the day that I saw you." Denver tried holding back tears. "You're the most incredible woman on this planet and I can't believe that you're next to me.

I know this might sound unexpected and weird, but, please, London, tomorrow we might...die, and not telling you how much I love you would be the last thing I would like to do as a mistake, so please-"

But London didn't wait a single second as she pulled closer, took his face in her hands, and pressed her lips against his. She was about to break down and wanted to prevent it knowing that this was the only way she could show what she was feeling at that moment.

Denver was, at first, startled, but kissed her back in an instant. The two deepened their kiss as if nothing was holding them back until London pulled away. Their faces were so close, they could feel each other's breaths.

"I love you too. And I promise you, we'll make it to the end of the heist. Together. The same way as we started it." She smiled as Denver chuckled.

It felt nice for both of them to know that the two were thinking the same. Being aware that their goals and minds were set identically, was very relieving to hear. But as the two were about to kiss one another again by coming closer with every move, a voice broke them apart.

"London, Denver." The Professor said as he stood right behind them. London gasped and pulled away from Denver as she saw Sergio's presence. He was the last person she was expecting here and it wasn't delightful.

The three exchanged some looks before Denver and London looked at each other with sighs. "Shit."

[-]