𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞 // 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐨

[-]

[-]

"Didn't expect you to be so free tonight." London giggled as she walked over to The Professor who was sitting and watching the sunrise after a very wild night at the small balcony they had.

The Professor turned around and looked at her with a smile. "Yeah, I didn't either."

London sat down next to him and looked at the sky as well. It was still brightly shaded blue but you could see the small part of the sun coming up in a few hours. "You know, I never told you how grateful I was for you." She said out of nowhere.

That startled The Professor a lot, so when he turned to look at her he was quite surprised, but let London go on because it seemed as if she was about to say something very personal and something she had been holding inside way too long.

"You did so much for us, for me, even though I haven't been as good for you." She said looking down at the ground and avoiding eye contact with him. "You gave me kind of like a second chance at life by recruiting me for the first heist." She finally turned to him with a small smile. "I just wanted you to know that."

The Professor attentively admired her features: how her face beautifully glowed from the sun's slowly visible rays, how her hands were beautifully placed on her lap, and how perfectly she presented herself to him.

"You might think of me as a person who just came into this for the money. And it was true in the beginning." London revealed as she looked at the sky once again. "But now I'm honored to call everyone, including you, my family."

"Oh, London..." The Professor sighed after hearing those confessions. For him it was incredibly nice to hear, he never heard London so honest and genuine. But finding out how much she appreciated this was too heartwarming to describe.

Her opening up to him wasn't something he expected tonight. They all had some fun and I guess it made London realize how much she kept to herself over these years. And how much she needed to tell him as soon as possible.

"You try and make each and every one of us happy, something we were never used to." London continued. "You attempt to make us all feel at home and comfortable, which we all don't acknowledge directly, but love and cherish deeply."

The Professor chuckled trying to hold back his tears and sobs after listening to her truth. "Is there a reason why-why you're telling me all of this now?"

I know that you all expected her to say "yes", but in reality, she didn't. She just wanted to let him know because she knew he deserved to know it. "No, I just wanted to tell you because..." She struggled to find the right words. "...because you never know when's your last day here."

At this point, she tried holding back tears harder than ever. She didn't want to cry in front of him, she wanted to be strong and happy despite the fact that The Professor already had tears rolling down his cheeks with chuckles still escaping.