Chapter Two: The Prank

"Come on." he giggled and grabbed my hand as we continued walking in to what seemed like the woods. "I have something to show you. You'll love it." I have to admit, I was a little anxious to see what he was going to show me. I still couldn't see his face, but his voice reminded me of someone, I don't know who, but it did. "We're here." I was breathing heavy from all the walking, so I took a deep breath and looked up to see something I wasn't expecting; Nothing.

"I can't see anything, where are we?" I asked as I looked everywhere trying to find what he wanted to show me.

"That's the point. Nothing. I brought you here because it was the only place that I could have all your attention." he said, and for a moment I thought I saw his face but he turned around, and started walking.

"What now?" I asked him, waiting impatiently for an answer.

"Im here to tell you who I really am." he looked at me and As he started getting closer I could see that I have seen him before, I just didn't know where or when. I didn't recognize him. He grabbed my hand and touched my cheek with his other hand and slowly started talking. "I'm S-ELIZABETH!"

"Fuck!" I jumped and opened my eyes to see my mom standing next to the door, her arms crossed, and a little annoyed or so I thought.

"Get up, You're going to be late, and don't make me come up again. She warned and closed the door. I let out a sigh of frustration and threw myself once again to my bed, covering my face with the covers.

"She just had to come in at the best part" I whispered to myself, and got up to wash my teeth.

I did not have breakfast, I just couldn't. I was too busy trying to figure out who was this fucking boy that kept showing up in my dreams. When I got to school, to my surprise, there was absolutely no one there. "Where is everybody?" I asked mom, and she just shrugged and opened the door to get out of the car. She asked the school security guard who was outside, and he told her that apparently someone pulled a "prank", throwing gas on every classroom, causing the school to be unbreathable, therefore impossible to be in. I kind of thanked god and whoever did this "prank" because that meant no school today. But just as I looked back to where mom was, I saw her talking with the new boy at my biology class, Seth. She pointed at me and I almost crawled under my seat. They started walking towards the car and mom opened the back door, allowing Seth to come inside. I looked back and saw him smiling, so I just smiled like an idiot once again and looked to the front again. Mom opened her door and got in.

"Liz this is Seth" she said pointing at him a little as she got in.

"I know, we're together in biology. Hi by the way." I said, waving at him like an idiot.

"Oh in that case much better. I can go work on those papers knowing that Seth won't be all alone and bored." She said and put on her seatbelt as she turned the car on.

"What?" I gave a confused look at her and waited for an answer.

"Oh, Seth is my friend Veronica's son you probably don't remember him, you guys were too young, she brought him to school but she had to leave for work so she couldn't pick him up. So I called her and told her that I could take him home with me until she was out." I stayed quiet for a little.

"Oh Okay." I said, and he smiled, that's when it hit me. SETH. He was Seth. The boy I used to play with when I was five and mom took me with her to events at her work. The one that used to call me Liz, which caused mom to start calling me that way. Before I used to be either Lizzie or Beth. Of Course. No wonder I thought I'd seen him before. No wonder I had heard that voice from the boy at my dreams before. It was him. How could I forget about him? Probably because he's much taller now, and cuter, and his voice was deeper, and wait i'm still in the car with him and mom. I came back from my mind and turned on the radio.

"Okay. Great. Awesome." I said after what seemed like and hour to me. But to be honest this wasn't okay.

How was I supposed to be with him after I have dreamed about him and literally fell in love with him because of that without even knowing it was him. After I acted like I didn't know him yesterday in biology. I felt horrible. And then mom just had to put the cherry on top of the cake.

"Now that I think about it, I need to go to the grocery to get some stuff. Liz do you mind if Seth stays with you in the house while I go?" WHAT? My eyes grew wide and i looked at him and back to the front really quick.

"Okay sure." I said.
"Great. Seth do you mind?" she looked at him through the mirror.

"Um no." he gave her a smile and she continued to drive. Right now I was really hating that someone who threw gas at school. I was not ready for this. But I was sooo not ready for what actually happened.