Chapter Sixteen: Time to Talk

"You have to tell him." My nerves were wrecking, and I knew mom wasn't going to stop until I finally told him.

"Mom. Please." I begged, and she raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want to do this alone? Is that what you want? Because if that's it, I'll go tell Seth to leave." She pointed out the door and started to get up, but I stopped her.

"WHAT?" I widened my eyes, "You called him?! Why'd you do that?!" I asked, starting to get angry, but more nervous than anything.

She sighed, before sitting back next to me. "Liz, this is really important. This isn't something that will pass in a couple of days. You'll be a mother soon, and if you don't tell him now, it'll only be worse then. That's why I called him, because I knew you weren't going to do it." She smiled.

I took a deep breath, and felt as if I became smaller with every second that passed.

"Fine."

"Okay, I'll tell him you'll be down in a moment." She said, a wide smile showing on her face.

"Yeah. Okay." I said, to myself mostly, as I once again took a deep breath, and got up from my bed. I fixed my shirt which was a lifted on one side, and headed downstairs. I saw him sitting on the couch, talking with dad. I tensed up as I saw them both there, this was going to be harder than I thought.

"Go!" mom whispered, and gestured me to move. I was paralyzed. I stood there, until they both turned around and saw me, both smiling as they did.

"Liz!" Dad shouted, and got up to hug me.

"Hi." I hugged him back, and saw Seth smiling. I smiled back.

"Hey." I waved at him, as I walked to the couch and sat next to him.

This is it. I have to tell him. I promised mom I would tell him today. I have to tell him. I will. But how.

"So, what is it that you have to tell me?" Seth said in a worried tone, and I smiled a little, before looking at mom, my expression telling her that I wanted to kill her. She smiled back, basically telling me that she didn't care what I thought.

Sometimes I really hate this woman.

"Um, I..." I tried to find the correct words to say it, but just looking at dad made every possible way seem deadly. Why couldn't he just leave with mom so I could tell Seth first. But no. He was here, and the moment I told Seth, he would find out too.

"What?" He said softly, and I looked away, because the more I looked at him, the more nervous I got.

"Seth." I sighed. "What I'm about to say... Is something that, is, it's really important. I need you to please listen, and just please."

"I'm listening, what's wrong?" He laughed a little, and sat straighter, paying full attention to what I had to say.

"Seth I'm.." I looked at dad. He was serious. "Dad, what I said, also applies to you.. please?." He nodded. Mom sat next to him, and held his hand.

"Okay, Okay." I tried to calm down, but It was useless.

"Okay." Seth chuckled, but I wasn't laughing. At all.

"I'm, I. Ugh. I'm pregnant."

Saying this, dad stood up, and so did Seth. Dad was fuming, and Seth just wasn't moving. My heart started beating faster, and I knew that in that moment, hell was going to break loose.