Chapter Four: Surprise Visit

"Dad?" I called him, but he wouldn't hear me. "Dad? It's me, Liz."

"Liz?" I saw him start to walk towards me, although I couldn't see his face. Just when I was about to hug him, he just disappeared.
"It was just a dream" I told myself as I calmed down, I looked at time, 3:30 in the morning. My mom came in. I must've waken her up.

"I really miss him" I looked at her. she seated next to me.

"I miss him too Liz." she hugged me and stayed like that until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning, to my mom jumping on my bed screaming at me. Sometimes I wonder if i'm more mature than her.

"Liz, wake up!"

I tried to ignore her, but she just didn't stop.

"Liz, come on, wake up! Veronica invited us to the beach!"

I turned around and covered my ears, but she kept pushing me so looked at her, and she was already dressed.

"Seth's gonna be there." she gave me a sarcastic smile and started acting all girly.

"Really?" I seated on my bed, and she started laughing.

"Yeah, wow I actually thought that wasn't going to work" she winked at me. "Now get up they're already downstairs."

"Well, you should've started from there!" I got up as fast as I could and started looking for a swim suit. When I found one, I quickly changed, packed my stuff and went downstairs to find everything ready to go, and Seth standing at the wall next to the door.

"I'm ready" I looked at mom, then at Veronica, then at Seth. He looked at me and smiled waving with his phone on his hand.

"Well finally!" My mom grabbed her stuff and the keys. "but before we go, here." she handed me a letter. It was from my dad. He's currently at the base training new soldiers, with Seth's dad.
"Dear Elizabeth" I started reading. "I'm sorry for the late answer, but I have been very busy at the base. But i'm very happy to tell you that.." I stopped reading, and my mom smiled as a tear fell down my cheek. "I got the chance to talk with our leader here, and he gave me a 3 day vacation. I will be landing at San Francisco on march 26th." My eyes grew open as I read. I looked at my mom and she was crying, and so was Veronica.

"That's today." I couldn't breathe. After so many months without seeing my dad, he was finally coming. "Mom he's coming today!"

"I know sweetie, he called me 3 days ago."

"Three days? But why didn't you tell me?

"He wanted it to be a surprise. We will go pick him up on our way to the beach, along with Seth's dad, Ryan." I started crying even more and she hugged me tight.

On the road, I didn't talk to Seth. I was too nervous about seeing my dad.

"Hey, um." He was about to say something, but stopped.

"What?" I quickly said, waiting for him to talk some more. I honestly love when he talks.

"Nothing, it's just that. Nevermind." He looked out the car window.

"Are you sure?" I placed my hand on top of his, as a way to let him know that I was here. I know that he's going through the same as me, he hasn't seen his dad in a long time either, and he was probably just as nervous as I was.

"Yeah, I'm just a little nervous"

"I know." I smiled, and he smiled back.
When we arrived at the airport, I felt like my heart stopped. We got out and headed towards where dad said they were going to meet us. I was walking so fast that I didn't realize I left everyone behind me. I looked everywhere for him, he just wasn't there. I looked back to mom, and her eyes were wide open, but she wasn't looking at me. My legs were shaking as I turned around to see my dad, with the biggest smile on his face, and his arms wide opened.

I was frozen, I couldn't believe he was there. When my legs finally reacted, I ran as fast as I could, jumping into my dad's arms. My mom started crying and she joined us in a hug that just felt like the best hug I have ever had. Seth's dad was crying, and Veronica quickly ran to him, hugging him, Seth in between them. Now we were all crying.

"Okay guys, enough with the emotions, we have a beach to go to." my dad speaked up, and made us laugh for the first time. We got in the car and headed to the beach.

When we got there, we set up everything and mom and dad went to the water, along with Ryan and Veronica. I stayed with Seth, we walked around, talking about ourselves, and how happy we were about having our dads with us.

"You know Liz, our parents are so lucky they have eachother, for the rest of their lives.

"Yeah, they really are." I smiled and so he did, and we continued walking to the sunset.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Hey💚🐘
Early update!
So? What do you think about Elizabeth's surprise visit?
Please vote & comment! ☺️