Chapter Nine: Worries and Confessions

When we got home, Veronica's car was parked outside. We got out of the car, and ran inside the house. I opened the door to see mom and Veronica on the couch crying, and when they saw us, they seemed to look a little relieved, but immediately, started crying even more.

"Mom, what's happening?" I quickly ran and hugged her, trying to calm her down, but it was useless.

"Our dads our missing and you're asking what's happening?, where were you two when your moms got the news!? not here for sure!" A girl sitting on the other side of the couch stood up, I had no idea who she was, or why she was in my house.

"Do you think I'm stupid? I'm just asking if there's more news, I mean, in case you don't know it, my dad's there too." I screamed back at her, trying to find a way to calm down.

"Of course I know, do you not know who I am?" She yelled back and started crying, and at this point, we were all yelling and crying. Seth went to the girl's side and held her in his arms, making me more confused than I already am, and in some way, a little jealous.

"Diana, calm down, we're all worried about them, there's no need to make things worst!" Diana? That name. It was the same name he mentioned earlier. Who was this girl? Do I know her? So many thoughts were running through my mind, but I couldn't think of anything, I needed to know where my dad was.

"Elizabeth, some soldiers came about an hour ago, they said they're trying to locate the plane, but there's a possibility that..." My mom was crying to the point of sobbing, and Veronica tried to calm down as she spoke. "there's a possibility, that, the plane... they might have been attacked, meaning the plane could be on land, or the bottom of the ocean.." she couldn't keep talking, so Diana finished. We were all crying, and Seth spoke up.

"But there's a chance that it's still on air, right? Is there?" He was screaming at Diana, and she was screaming back at him.

"I don't know Seth! I'm as worried as you! I know the same as you! IT'S MY DAD TOO! Stop screaming at me like it's my fault!" Wait a minute, my dad too? She's Seth's sister. Of course. Now I feel kind of embarassed, I mean, I was jealous of her.

We all kept fighting with each other, until I had enough.

"HEY! stop fighting, I'm tired of this! I just want to see my dad!" I started crying even more, and threw myself to the couch, feeling horrible.

My mom hugged me, and that was the only thing that made me feel better.

Seth was sitting next to Diana, not saying a word, and neither was I. Even after all this, I was still a little mad at him, I don't know why, I just was. I tried to ignore him, but I was dying on the inside, plus, we agreed to act like we were fine so we didn't give our moms more things to worry about.

Seth, his mom and his sister stayed the night at our house, because my mom didn't want them to drive this late. We only had one guest room, and Veronica and Diana slept there, so Seth took the couch.

The night seemed so calm, although I knew it wasn't. I was too worried about my dad, about my mom, she must feel devastated, I was worried about Veronica, she must feel the same.
I couldn't even think of not seeing Seth, of losing him, because despite all that has happened, I loved him, and I was worried about him. It was 3:30am, and I couldn't stop thinking about him, and I remembered he was down stairs.

I got up from my bed, and slowly walked to the door. I made sure there was no one awake, and tip-toed down the stairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge, and took out the orange juice. I was trying my best not to go to the couch, but It was just too tempting. I looked over to where he was sleeping, and almost started walking towards there, but instead, I headed upstairs. When I reached the middle, I stopped, I just couldn't.

"Why can't you just go upstairs Liz? Why do you have to make things harder for yourself?" I cursed myself as I turned around and went back down.

When I reached the couch, I slowly sat down next to him. I stared at him, contemplating every detail on him, and his facial expressions while he slept, which were honestly hilarious. I talked to him, because I knew that only on his sleep he wouldn't respond, and that's what I wanted. I just wanted him to listen. I know, I know he's asleep, but you know what I mean.

"I wish we didn't have to go through this, I wish we could just be happy, with our families, and someday, have our own family, have kids, and our own little house, and grow old together, and yes, fight a lot..." I started laughing at my own comment. I knew that last part was surely going to happen. "..But in the end, we would both know that fighting is just a part of living, and we'll be able to handle it.." I gently stroked his hair, making him groan a little. I tried not to move so he wouldn't wake up, and he went back to his sleep, peaceful on the outside, but full of stress on the inside. I suddenly felt like kissing him, and before I could even think about it, I did. I quickly got up, but for my surprise, Seth pulled me back and and kissed me once again.

"You scared me! Were you awake
All this time?" I pushed him jokingly, and he started laughing for a little, before kissing me once again.

"Maybe?" He smirked, and I pushed him once again. We both started laughing, way too loud, until we realized it was 4:00am.

"Shhh" we both laughed even more, this time quieter. "Why did you pretend to be asleep? It's not funny!" We were both now laying on the couch, Seth hugging me, so you can guess that we both forgot about being mad at each other.

"I just wanted to hear your voice, and what you had to say, I know that I never do that, and I'm sorry." He stared deeply at me, with his cute sleepy face, that made me feel some tipe of way.

"So you heard everything?" I put my leg over his, and waited for an answer.

"Yes, and I have to admit, you sounded really cute!" I playfully hit him, making him try to tickle me, being that successful. "But out of joke, I think it's really beautiful, and I really hope it can be like that, one day, really soon, really really soon. I really hope that one day I can wake up next to you, and have our kids jump in our bed to wake us up, and have breakfast all together, I just hope there's a happy ending to our story." He smiled, before kissing my forehead.

I didn't know what to say, so I just kissed him, and hugged him tight, not letting him go, for the rest of the night. His speech gave me chills, I never thought he would say that, but I had no doubt, He was the best thing that ever happened to me.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

OMFG THIS IS SO FUCKING CUTE, AND SAD AT THE SAME TIME.

but at least they had a little time "worry free" I mean they werent completely happy, their dads could be well.. anyways but at least they were 80% happy at that moment.

Leave comments if you want and idk, enjoy! 😊